Vice President, Human Resources
- Job Title
- Vice President, Human Resources
- Job Location
- Posted Date
- Human Resources
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With over 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our current and future residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
What you bring to the table:
Progress Residential® is seeking a highly qualified Vice President, Human Resources to lead and direct all human resources functions of the organization in a way that supports the Company’s strategic goals and objectives. We are looking for candidates who can prove they are leaders and strategic thinkers, effective people managers and problem solvers.
You will play a key role in the human resources strategy for one of the country’s largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes. You will be responsible for developing policies and procedures that adhere to all legal and regulatory requirements for a multi-state corporation.
We’ll expect you to provide the executive leadership and direction needed to position Progress Residential® to recruit the best talent so it can fulfill its mission, working closely with others to develop a smart and healthy organization. Whether you’re advising upper management on changes to employment laws or implementing information systems to improvise efficiencies, your goal is to make sure best practices are applied. We’ll count on you to build relationships at all levels of the organization, and ensure the HR department’s objectives are met.
You’ll refine and deliver integrated HR programs by drawing on the strengths of the HR technology within talent management, workforce planning, compensation and benefits. Creativity is key in working with stakeholders on developing programs to fit our culture such as rewards, recognition and people care programs. You’ll facilitate HR programs, community involvement initiatives that enhance inclusiveness and diversity, linking development and leadership initiatives to business strategy and measurable results.
Your job is fast-paced and ever changing. It’s an environment of cross-functional collaboration, knowledge sharing and support. It’s also an environment of autonomy, individuality and initiative. To be an integral part of the Company’s next chapter means you are an experienced leader and passionate manager. When you see a problem, you fix it. When you hit a barrier, you break it down. While others complain, you think of ways to improve. You’re not afraid to think big, and to follow through.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive and approachable leader who can inspire others on the team. You exemplify Progress Residential’s culture and are known for you integrity, tact and superior communication skills. If you have what it takes to thrive in this role, we want to hear from you.
Of course, you also have the essentials:
- 10 or more years of previous Human Resources leadership experience with at least four years as the Executive head of Human Resources in a corporate multi-state environment.
- A graduate degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field.
- Robust experience with Performance Management and Succession Planning best practice designs.
- Strong focus on Budget planning and forecasting.
- Deep experience with compensation plan design, including designing sales compensation plans.
- At least 7 years of design experience with health & welfare, 401K and other employee benefits plans.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal and state labor laws and regulations.
- Superior oral and written communication skill in the English language.
- Computer capabilities, including experience using MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Strong HRIS exposure and experience as well as integration experience with other HR platforms.
- Experience with payroll oversight.
- At least one current HR certifications such as SPHR, SHRM-SCP or CCP required.
- Willingness to travel approximately 10% of the time.
- Proven ability to investigate and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Proven ability to build a team, hold people accountable for results and provide periodic performance feedback.
- Excellent negotiation and mediation skills.
- Protects confidential information and sensitive materials.
- Even temperament and adaptability at all levels of the organization, as well as outside of the Company.
- Works methodically and is highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Manages time efficiently with the ability to manage multiple priorities without missing deadlines.
- Fosters teamwork, communication and mutual respect throughout the Company.
- Leads by example.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative company:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 2 “you earned it” days.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.