Account Services Specialist
Account Services Specialist
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Central Operations
- Scottsdale - Progress Residential
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With nearly 40,000 homes in sixteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Account Services Specialist is a member of the Accounts Receivable team and will be responsible for completing functions of deposit accounting, collections correction and general ledger. Additionally, the position will assist the Accounts Receivable Manager with workflow design and quality control.
- Facilitates all aspects of Accounts Receivable Resident Deposit Accounting.
- Performs Collection Activities for the first 90 days from completion of Deposit Accounting.
- Assigns and tracks Collection files with third party agency.
- Responsible for handling Resident disputes with Deposit Accounting.
- Documents all Bad Debt Recovery and tracks balances owed.
- Assists AR Accounting Manager with external financial audits.
- Works closely with AR Accounting Manager to resolve discrepancies and variances.
- Assists AR Accounting Manager with management of collections activities pertaining to current residents.
- Reviews work of AR staff as needed. Assists AR Manager in streamlining the workflow of the department.
- Cross-train for coverage of other accounts receivable functions.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associates degree preferred.
- Five or more years’ previous property management experience in either the single family or multi-family rental industry.
- Computer literacy, ability to comfortably navigate new technology and competency in MS Office suite a must.
- Proficiency in Yardi Voyager and Salesforce is preferred.
- Three or more years of Accounts Receivable and Deposit Accounting experience required.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and is detail oriented.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, growth environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Honest, ethical and able to maintain confidentiality in a business setting when necessary and required
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.