Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Developer
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Information Technology
- Scottsdale - Progress Residential
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The AEM Developer will support and manage Progress’s Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) application stack. The position requires a high degree of expertise in the AEM development space with the ability to help set standards, establish guidelines and best practices as well as provide technical consultation and development leadership to new and ongoing AEM development efforts with Progress’s partners.
The ideal candidate must have experience developing AEM web application apps, reusable components, assets, integration with Adobe suite of products and services. The AEM Developer will work with various business partners and product managers, including marketing and central operations, to review change requests & new requirements to execute our web roadmap.
The AEM developer will have a key role in designing, building, testing, deploying and contributing to standards for Progress’s web applications, and help scale up our business to provide a high-quality customer experience online.
- Design, develop and support all AEM components, integrations and related applications for the website
- Work closely with other engineers on the team to understand dependent components in AWS, APIs, and Salesforce components
- Work closely with business analysts and product owners to understand AEM/Web requirements
- Manage all development and testing tasks through Jira, and architecture documentation through Confluence
- Perform AEM upgrades, patches, and work closely with Adobe Managed Services to meet product compliance requirements
- Support all Production issues, and escalate with AMS or other 3rd parties as needed
- Use best practices to keep all lower environments in synch with the Production environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or a minimum of 4 years of equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in development including defining requirements, developing solution alternatives and estimates and translating business requirements into specific components/applications
- Strong AEM experience with front end development and architecture/design understanding
- Strong knowledge of front-end web application design, experience in Adv JS, CSS Based frameworks, Strong full-stack experience in Java, JEE, Maven, Apache sling framework, OSGI, Node, REST based services
- Experience in integrating AEM application with other Adobe suite of products like Analytics, Target, Forms and others is a strong plus
- Experience with search engines required; implementation experience with Apache SOLR a strong plus
- Experience with quality gating using SonarQube or equivalent for Quality and Coverage
- Test Driven Development experience and Business Driven Development is desirable
- Experience in front end automation is desirable
- Experience in working with Jenkins and other Devops tools for Automated Build and Deployment
- Working in Agile teams and Scrum model
- Experience with git hosting services (e.g. GitHub, Bitbucket) to manage and share source code
- Experience integrating 3rd party source code and/or libraries
- Experience consuming and developing XML and JSON web services
- Strong communication, interpersonal, collaboration and leadership skill
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think logically
- Manage risk and change with an agile approach
- Adopt at learning new technologies quickly
- Experience in performance tuning and resolving security issues
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.