Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 65,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
At Progress we’re focused on maintaining a safe environment for our employees and our community. We incentivize and encourage our employees to be fully vaccinated.
As a member of the Analytics team, the Analytics Consultant will be focused on improving the single-family rental (SFR) customer experience, increasing occupancy rates, and optimizing spend on home renovations and repairs. Day to day partnerships include working with his/her team, cross-functionally, and at the leadership level to understand Progress’s business challenges and recommend data-driven solutions.
The right candidate is naturally curious, has excellent quantitative modeling and problem-solving skills, ability to partner with stakeholders to drive results, likes working in a fast paced environment and has experience in general business analysis. In addition to a strong quantitative background, the ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to tell a compelling story with data.
* Develop models or tools for assessing and calculating risks and opportunities associated with Progress’s key business drivers; for example, likelihood to pay, collectability, predicted costs for renovations, building decision trees to support operating efficiencies for home repairs
o Segment data using advanced analytical techniques including Clustering and Decision Trees
o Develop predictive models for these segments; conduct quantitative research and back-testing to evaluate model assumptions and develop confidence in results
* Monitor and examine the impact of economic and environmental changes on Progress’s key business drivers (ex: delinquencies, occupancy rates, home repairs); initiate discussions with stakeholders on risk related issues and communicate any significant findings to leadership as appropriate; make model adjustments as needed
* Create compelling stories with data; present findings to a broad group of management and cross-functional stakeholders, using data to drive and influence management decisions
* Develop and implement process controls to mitigate business risk and to improve operating efficiency; measure performance of implemented solutions over time
* Gather, organize and interpret structured and unstructured data from multiple internal and external sources; check data for accuracy, validity, and reasonableness, and assist in identifying any discrepancies
* Bachelor’s Degree required in a quantitative discipline such as engineering, math, economics or similar discipline; Master’s degree a plus
* 4+ years of relevant analytical reporting or analytics working experience, preferably some experience in risk management at a financial services firm
* Strong understanding of software applications such as SQL, R, Python, SAS, MS Office, VBA, Access
* Training in statistical methods including probability theory and sampling, predictive modeling, test vs. control, and the application of these methods to solve real-world problems
* Analytical, technical, and practical problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
* Can quickly extract insights from various forms of data, succinctly articulate how to use them, and use that story to motivate for action and drive change
* Knowledge of risk management concepts, techniques, models and tools including stress testing and scenario analysis
* Demonstrated ability to effectively build rapport with stakeholders that do not have analytical expertise, translating complex mathematical concepts in easy-to-understand terms, and providing quality customer service
* Well-developed written communication skills; proven ability to create insightful presentations that use data to drive change
* Ability to prioritize, multitask, manage multiple complex projects simultaneously, and deliver results within compressed timelines
* A strategic and tactical thinker; strong vision and ability to think outside the box, provide innovative solutions to core business practices, execute, and implement
* Self-starter, very resourceful, and quick learner
* Ability to work at a fast pace, both independently and in a team environment
* Must be comfortable hunting for, aggregating, cleaning, and validating data from multiple sources
* Experience in portfolio/risk management and/or quantitative analysis of capital assets
* Direct knowledge or experience with advanced loan or credit scoring and predictive modeling
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: JR102208