Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion or as applicable by state law.
Text ProgressJobs to 25000 and you can chat with our Recruiting Assistant Kate who can help you find jobs, apply for jobs and answer your questions.
As a member of the Analytics team, the Analytics Manager provides deep dive research and decision support to the business. He/she will improve the single-family rental (SFR) customer experience, increasing occupancy rates, and optimizing spend on home renovations and repairs. Day to day partnerships include working with his/her direct reports, cross-functionally, and at the executive leadership level to understand Progress’s business challenges and recommend data-driven solutions.
The right candidate for this role has excellent executive presence, ability to partner with stakeholders to drive results, experience with managing people (will be supervising 2-3 direct reports), and significant experience in Analytics. The focus of this role will be to provide expert level insights for our leadership team, anticipate challenges, help propel the company forward and grow our Analytics capability overall.
Manages people & projects independently
* Plans and allocates resources effectively to meet project demand; independently manages all team projects from infancy to end-state on time and to stakeholder expectations
* Coaches, mentors, and develops a team of Analytical Consultants; embraces a people-first culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention, and high performance
* Analyzes large data sets using a variety of techniques ranging from research-driven root cause to unsupervised machine learning
* Takes a hands-on approach with the team: uncovers patterns and accurately interprets operational and financial performance results
* Coaches the team toward building compelling stories: Guides Consultants’ findings into a well-thought presentation with specific, actionable proposals on SFR strategies and solutions
Drives analytical innovation and supports change
* Develops new analytical approaches to problem-solving at Progress, driving improvements in the quality, efficiency & rigor of insights delivered to the business; uses findings to guide change
* Improves the way we define, measure, track, and govern KPIs and their supporting data
Creates strong relationships with the business
* Establishes a professional and trusting relationship with stakeholders
* In conjunction with direct reports, leverages consultative selling skills to meet independently with Progress leadership, understand strategic priorities and business needs, and advise on analytical options to address challenges discussed
* Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Math, Economics or similar discipline; Master’s degree a plus
* 7+ years of experience collecting, analyzing, interpreting and presenting operational and financial data
* 2+ years in a supervisory role
* Analytical, technical, and practical problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
* Can quickly extract insights from various forms of data, succinctly articulate how to use them, and use that story to motivate for action and drive change
* Strong understanding of software applications such as SQL, R, Python, SAS, MS Office, VBA, Access
* Advanced story-telling skills in PowerPoint
* Training in statistical methods including probability theory and sampling, predictive modeling, test vs. control, and the application of these methods to solve real-world problems
* Must be highly stakeholder centric, with strong relationship-building skills
* Excellent executive presence required: candidate must have the ability to clearly and compellingly articulate the strategic and tactical implications of analytical findings in an executive-facing environment
* Ability to visually represent insights so they can be easily understood by stakeholders and internal stakeholders
* Ability to foster collaborative and professional partnerships and teamwork throughout the organization
* Excellent project manager - able to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and develop clear objectives, goals and action plans to meet or exceed stakeholder expectations within a fast paced environment
* Exhibits a high degree of initiative, self-motivation and seeks to continuously learn and grow
* Demonstrates flexibility and patience in the midst of change
* Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Must be comfortable hunting for, aggregating, cleaning, and validating data from multiple sources
* Experience in portfolio/risk management and/or quantitative analysis of capital assets
* Direct knowledge or experience with advanced loan or credit scoring and predictive modeling
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.