Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 90,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion or as applicable by state law.
Text ProgressJobs to 25000 and you can chat with our Recruiting Assistant Kate who can help you find jobs, apply for jobs and answer your questions.
The Apprentice Technician is an entry-level technician position that will be part of the Progress Technician Development Program. The individual will work closely with a mentor in the field and complete assigned training during the 180 day apprenticeship. The Apprentice Technicians will be involved in all aspects of market-level construction and maintenance tasks throughout our portfolio of single-family homes.
* Ability to understand the basic workings of finish, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, flooring, appliance, landscaping and irrigation systems and perform work necessary to refurbish, prepare and make homes into a rent ready condition per the Company’s standard
* Assist in tracking, monitoring and inspecting work assigned to third party vendors to ensure that homes move to rent ready status as quickly as possible
* Assist in creation and circulation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting by accurately reporting and recording activities
* Assist in completing property condition reports, inspections and cost estimates as needed
* Assist the Leasing team with new resident move in orientations as needed
* Ability to provide strong customer service to residents and vendors
* Ensure all workplace safety standards and practices are upheld
* Maintain fleet vehicle inventory within company guidelines
* Follow fleet vehicle maintenance schedule and keep an organized and clean vehicle/workspace
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Valid and current Driver’s License in the work state
* 1+ years of construction experience
* Ability to demonstrate basic workings of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring, appliance, landscaping and irrigation systems
* Certifications in specific trades is a plus (NCCER preferred)
* Organizational skills, attention to detail & high-performance standards
* Good communication skills (both oral & written)
* Must be comfortable scheduling work directly with residents and vendors
* Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task
* An effective team player with a positive attitude
* Ability to work weekends as necessary
* Bi-lingual a plus
* Basic computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook and Yardi Voyager preferred
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 401k match, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: JR106267