Area Operations Manager
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 90,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen.
Text ProgressJobs to 25000 and you can chat with our Recruiting Assistant Kate who can help you find jobs, apply for jobs and answer your questions.
Area Operations Manager (AOM) provides on and multi-site leadership and managerial support for the APOD, POD and RD in all aspects of field-level operations for a community or assigned area of homes. This includes managing Resident Relations Managers, monitoring, evaluating, and communicating pre-construction, final construction, and ongoing operational activities for new or stabilized homes. The AOM is responsible for delivering the customer service experience and oversees and assists with rent collections, marketing, leasing, showings, application gathering, move-in experience, resident inquiries, and maintenance resolutions.
- Oversee and manage multi-site property management staff and operations via collections, vacant home inspections, move - ins, home merchandising/marketing, and customer relations and serve as a business partner to other positions, including the ability to train on-boarding positions on fiduciary duty, while leading the market team to make decisions based on the best interests of the business and in accordance with company’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure and enforce appropriate policies and procedures, while enabling assigned portfolio to function according to quality standards and operating objectives (e.g., home acceptance, punch lists, warranty management, final inspections etc.).
- Manage the customer experience by conducting home cataloguing, move-in inspections, move-in orientations, warm call follow-up and leasing, coordination of follow-up with customer requests and service surveys, reviews and implement remediation plans, as required, while ensuring homes/community are/is clean, marketable, and accessible by conducting daily property inspections and light clean-up of grounds and individual vacant homes.
- Manage and participate in incoming/outgoing calls, e-mails, texts, and case tasks, while ensuring professional dialogue and bringing appropriate resolution and closure to all forms of communication, while effectively managing escalations to demonstrate sufficient efforts to bring to resolution prior to further escalation.
- Optimize financial performance for the assigned community/area by achieving leasing, rent, occupancy and lease-up goals (e.g., manage available inventory through timely communication of construction delivery schedules to key stakeholders, etc.). Monitor and communicate expense observations to APOD, POD and RD for efficiency with turns and service delivery via weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, while communicating knowledge of the competitive market, including, rents, available product, neighborhood characteristics and general economic trends that impact financial performance.
- Demonstrate basic/light maintenance and repair skills for completing minor service items such as re-keying smart locks and changing smoke detector batteries, light bulbs, and air filters.
- Confronting Direct Reports: Deals with problem direct reports firmly and in a timely manner; doesn’t allow problems to fester; regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions; can make negative decisions when all other efforts fail; deals effectively with troublemakers.
- Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Directing Others: Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
- Motivating Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Organizing: Can marshal resources (e.g., people, funding, material, support, etc.) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently arranges information and data records in a useful manner.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and is detail oriented.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing, growth environment.
- Holds self and team accountable for results and provides timely feedback and concert with annual performance review process for direct reports and oversees review process for property management personnel, as assigned.
- Fosters teamwork and mutual respect throughout the company.
- Ability and desire to productively in person and through technology with co-workers, team members.
- Experience performing basic/light maintenance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- At least 3 or more years of real estate sales and supervisory experience.
- Previous use of MS Office Suite, Yardi Voyager and Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business and/or 5+ years of leasing and property management work experience in single and/or multi-family
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 401k match, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR107984