Asset Management Associate
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion as applicable by state law.
The Asset Management Associate will be responsible for maximizing the value of assets under management through coordination with Operations, Technology, Finance, Research, and Capital Markets. The Associate will be entrusted with optimizing the efficiency and effectiveness of many diverse single-family assets through, conducting financial analysis and modeling, reviewing financial statements, and providing support for the operations. This is a highly detail oriented and process driven position. The Asset Manager will be responsible for supervising Asset Management analysts, as well as creating and implanting new processes to streamline Progress Residential Asset Management workflows.
* Collaborate with multiple operations and finance teams to create annual fund budgets
* Monitor fund performance to ensure adherence to fund level budgets and investment targets
* Assist operations with asset level capital spend decisions vs. disposition
* Analyze portfolio to create optimization through strategic asset investments
* Manage disposition pipeline and approve contract terms
* Assist fund management with investor communications and fund strategy
* Provide guidance on bulk acquisition underwriting relative to existing asset performance
* Coordinate with operations on the development of best practices through data analysis
* Support capital markets on financing optimization
* Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Business, Finance, or related subject) required
* 5+ years Analyst/Asset Management experience in finance, banking, real estate or investments desired
* Ability to be independent and a self-starter; is self-motivated and takes initiative
* Experience in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
* Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to distill information down to key points
* Identify issues and offer solutions
* Thinks critically and draws well-reasoned conclusions
* Some travel required
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: JR102612