Assistant Portfolio Operations Director
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 90,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen.
Text ProgressJobs to 25000 and you can chat with our Recruiting Assistant Kate who can help you find jobs, apply for jobs and answer your questions.
The Assistant Portfolio Operations Director (APOD) coordinates the management operation of the cash management and resident relations functions within the guidelines of the quality standards, operating objectives, and goals established by the Company and the property management department. This position provides leadership and daily management over a team responsible for the collection of rents, management of security deposit accounting, weekly and monthly reporting, move in procedures, communications with residents, and framing an excellent customer journey to encourage/ensure customer retention. The APOD supports the Portfolio Operations Director (POD) in all aspects of field-level property management, included but not limited to marketing, showings, application gathering and review, rent collections, resident inquires, profit and loss (P&L), reporting, as well as, maintenance, turn and construction operations, and general management of the resident experience. The APOD provides direction in absence of the POD to the market team.
Developing Direct Reports & Others
Hiring and Staffing
Developing Effective Teams
- Oversee and manage development of Property Management staff across collections, vacant home inspections, move ins, home merchandising/marketing, and customer relations
- Maintains intimate awareness of market/industry conditions and trends
- Establish environment that promotes teamwork and cohesion with Sales, Operations, Service, Turns and Renovations teams in order to drive P&L performance
- Recruit, hire, and train qualified, dynamic, high performance property management teams
- Conduct payroll audit to ensure that team maintains accuracy and stays in compliance with state and local labor laws
- Enforce policies to enable assigned portfolio to function according to quality standards and operating objectives
- Understand and possess the ability to train team on fiduciary duty. Lead team to always make decisions based on the best interests of the business
- Ensure that the policies, procedures, and safety guidelines are followed
- Drive optimal P&L performance for the assigned market through sound cash management practices
- Maintain budgeted delinquency (specific metrics may be adjusted based on portfolio performance)
- Collaborates with Central Collection efforts as applicable
- Analyze processes and procedures to ensure optimum efficiency and staffing levels
- Be knowledgeable of provisions in standard lease documents and maintain a working knowledge of resident rules and regulations
- Ensure a consistent, resident focused move in experience and audit compliance for move in documentation
- Audit required documents for move outs, deposit accounting, and move ins in Salesforce to ensure compliance
- Lead team in maintaining a high degree of customer service and competency level in all resident interactions, whether over the phone or email, through formal written communication or in person
- Drive optimal results on Google, social media, and resident surveys/feedback and ensure market is focused on enhancing the resident experience
- Ensure that all resident responsibilities are accounted for on resident ledgers and collections are made in a timely manner
- Ensure HOA violations and customer case tasks are responded to in a timely manner
- Manage an efficient resident eviction process, which may include attending eviction court
- Research and process credit requests as needed
- Carry out other duties as assigned that are in the best interests of the company
- Human Resource Management
- Supervises staff, sets goals, and holds people accountable for results
- Ensures that the group provides outstanding customer service and is responsive to requests
- Coordinates activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes
- Ensure that all training requirements are completed on time
- Ensures that employees all have goals and receive regular feedback on their performance
- Performance management of personnel including, performance reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development plans and performance improvement plans
- Insure all safety standards are met and training for staff is completed
- Holds team accountable for results and provides timely feedback
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or 5+ years of progressive property management work experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 or more years of previous property management experience in either the single family or multi-family rental industry
- At least 3 or more years of supervisory experience
- Real Estate license preferred
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally
- Possesses strong organizational skills and is detail oriented
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing, growth environment
- Fosters teamwork and mutual respect throughout the company
- Interacts productively in person and through technology with co-workers, team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy, ability to comfortably navigate new technology and competency in MS Office suite a must
- Previous use of Yardi Voyager and Salesforce a plus
- Sitting for extended periods of time using office equipment and computers
- Moderate stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing
- May entail light lifting of supplies and materials occasionally, up to and including 25lbs
- Ability to talk, hear, compare, compute, compile, copy, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate and communicate
- Walking for extended periods of time
- Sustains substantially recurring movements to fingers, hands, wrist, legs and feet
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
- Ability to identify and distinguish color
- Ability to distinguish the differences and similarities in odors
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 401k match, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.