Associate Product Manager Home Technology
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion as applicable by state law.
Are you an aspiring product manager who is fascinated with new technology, installs the latest gadgets in your home, has a strong sense for how businesses adopt and profit from technology, isn’t afraid to dive into the technical aspects of a solution, and wants to see your work improve the lives of thousands of people in their homes? We want you!
The Associate Product Manager of Home Technology is responsible for supporting Progress Residential’s goal to modernize the single-family rental home industry through our forward-thinking rental policies and use of technology. Reporting to the Product Manager of Home Technology, you will help deliver new capabilities to our residents & employees in the areas of smart home, solar energy, broadband internet, Wi-Fi networking, home voice control, security systems, video doorbells, and other areas of in-home technology.
This role is focused on supporting, enhancing, and assisting with the rollout of existing in-flight home technology projects. You’ll become an expert in the technologies, processes, and best practices. As the expert, you’ll identify improvement areas and work with supporting technology & business teams to design and deploy enhancements. Working with a team, you’ll be responsible for the successful rollout & ongoing support of these projects. The initial focus of this role is in deploying, supporting & enhancing in-flight projects. This role will grow into the opportunity to participate in executing new projects.
* Act as a Product Owner of specific technology projects or sub-projects
* Identify, design, prioritize, and coordinate the development and implementation of enhancements & bug fixes for in-flight projects
* Create cost/benefit analysis to aid in the prioritization of enhancements you propose
* Participate in Agile/Scrum sessions of existing technology teams
* Perform UAT testing of enhancements and bug fixes
* Provide level-3 support to Progress employees and vendors
* Monitor and respond to support queues for technologies and projects
* Conduct troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and remote control of deployed home technologies using available tools & data
* Create and lead training for employees & vendors
* Create data extracts, data cleansing, and product reports from data created from home technology devices
* Perform testing and evaluation of physical hardware technology
* Act as a liaison to 3rd party vendors who install or interact with home technology equipment and platforms
* Assist the lead Product Manager in other assigned duties
* Bachelor's degree in business, technology, or engineering discipline preferred.
* 2+ years experience as an associate product manager, process improvement analysis, IT analyst, lead technology support agent, or similar position
* Experience with product management processes and responsibilities
* Experience with product development processes, Scrum/Agile preferred
* Experience with enhancement and bug reporting platforms, such as Jira & Asana
* Proficiency working with data and creating reports in Excel and similar tools
* Strong interest in home technology
* Basic understanding of the components which makeup in-home technology platforms and how they work; including networking, hardware electronics, web services, databases, mobile apps, etc.
* Live in a Progress Residential market city
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Detail oriented; attention to detail (this role requires someone who can spot & fix problems).
* Solid analytical, problem solving, and organizational abilities
* Strong customer service skills
* Computer literacy; ability to comfortably navigate Microsoft tools, enterprise web tools, and run programs.
* Ability to perform occasional installation of home technology (for example, installing a door lock, wiring a thermostat, or installing a video doorbell)
* Team player with a strong work ethic and an upbeat attitude
* Ability to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
* Works well under stress, despite numerous interruptions with accuracy and attention to detail
* Advanced knowledge in a home technology area, such as IoT, solar energy, mobile app development, IT networking, etc.
* Previous experience as a technology support agent &/or working with tech support platforms like Helpscout or Zendesk
* Previous experience as a trainer
* Previous experience working within a start-up/accelerator group within a large organization
* Training or certification in product management or product owner
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: JR102663