Business Intelligence Developer
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Scottsdale - Progress Residential
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With nearly 40,000 homes in sixteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The successful candidate will be able to build high quality and innovative data modeling solutions that enable our business to make better quality decisions more quickly. This position is part of a team that is implementing a technology platform conversion and the selected candidate will play a key role in architecting that transformation.
- Consults with key end users to analyze, design, build, and deploy cloud platform solutions that deliver high quality business intelligence (BI) tools and data that enable those stakeholders to produce highly effective operational and financial results
- Designs, develops, and implements data analytical environment and associated data governance processes
- Works to ensure that all business logic is reflected correctly in all reporting, analysis and models
- Translates requirements for BI and reporting to database and reporting design, deployment, and maintenance for organizational customers
- Explore and recommend emerging technologies and techniques to support/enhance BI landscape components
- Uses the following tools and processes to perform work:
- Developing ETL pipelines in and out of data warehousing using combination of Python and Snowflake’s SnowSQL
- Writing SQL queries against Snowflake
- Developing scripts (e.g., Unix, Python etc.) to extract, load and transform data
- Providing production support for Data Warehouse issues (e.g., data load problems, transformation/translation problems, etc.)
- Integrating on-premise infrastructure with public cloud (e.g., AWS, AZURE) infrastructure
- Understanding data pipelines and modern ways of automating data pipeline using cloud-based and on-premise technologies
- Testing and clearly documenting implementations, so others can easily understand the requirements, implementation, and test conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Technical Science or similar discipline
- Data Modul experience REQUIRED
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with stakeholders that possess varying degrees of content literacy at a variety of career levels with a multitude of differing demographic attributes (e.g., gender, culture, age, etc.)
- Proven ability to discern technically valid from technically invalid data resulting from data quality analysis
- Track record of taking ownership of project deliverables and day-to-day work product
- At least three (3) years’ experience in cloud platform development role with the following skills:
- At least three (3) years’ experience developing ETL, ELT, and data warehousing solutions
- At least one (1) year experience development Python-based code that reads/writes data into databases
- At least three (3) experience SQL scripts and stored procedures that process data from databases
- At least three (3) years’ experience in loading source system data extracts into data warehouses
- At least three (3) years’ experience with batch scheduling and identifying data/job dependencies
- At least one (1) year using shell and Python scripting
- Practical understanding of various data formats (e.g., CSV, XML, JSON, etc.)
- Advanced SQL and data blending skills (e.g., T-SQL)
- Expertise in tabular queries (e.g., DAX)
- Experience BI visualization and reporting tools
- Experience with:
- Snowflake cloud architecture
- Salesforce & Yardi software applications
- Azure data service and products a plus (e.g., Data Factory, Data Lake Analytics, Analysis services, Azure stream analytics, etc.)
- Experience with cloud replication and integration tools (e.g., Informatica)
- Shell scripting, Python/R programming a plus
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative, not-so-typical real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and fun at work. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and a 401(k) program with company matching contributions.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.