Data Integration Engineer
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion or as applicable by state law.
Text ProgressJobs to 25000 and you can chat with our Recruiting Assistant Kate who can help you find jobs, apply for jobs and answer your questions.
Progress is a highly data driven company that leverages leading cloud data technologies to make strategic decisions to manage and grow the business. The Data Integration Engineer is responsible for design, development, testing, and performance improvements on Progress’s data integration solution stack. The Data Integration Engineer will work closely with senior engineers and architects to design data models and manage various structured and semi-structured cloud databases, including hands-on management of extract-transform-load (ETL) interfaces. The role also expands into various integration initiatives between our enterprise source systems, 3rd party private clouds, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) solutions.
This position requires a strong understanding of system integration as different source systems are leveraged within all corporate data management related projects.
* Design and build highly available and high-volume Relational and NoSQL databases
* Based on business requirements and functional specifications, develop database objects and structures for data storage, retrieval and reporting
* Develop ETL solutions from source data stores into cloud data lake platforms
* Implement and test database design and functionality, and tuning for performance
* Develop business critical reports based on specifications
* Provide support to software developers, and business analysts interfacing with master data
* Plan, prepare, test and perform database patches and upgrades
* Establish and monitor database processes and periodic maintenance tasks
* Create, implement, and manage database upgrades and migration processes
* Analyze, develop and implement solutions that meet the company’s capacity and performance requirements
* Ability to log, track, and manage issues, bugs, and enhancement/ features requests logged in JIRA
* Participate in software release and post-release activities
* Ability to follow and work within project work plans and timelines to meet changing needs and requirements. Experience needed working within agile development projects
* Capture, mitigate and /or escalate issues in a timely fashion
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field strongly preferred
* 5 or more years of progressive development will be considered in place of a degree
* 2+ years of experience with installing, configuring, and development in NoSQL, SQL Server, and other cloud databases
* Experience with Informatica or other ETL software
* Experience with Snowflake or Redshift a strong plus
* Strong Production/Enterprise Application support experience
* Experience managing backups, recovery, SQL jobs and installation
* Experience in creating tables, views, triggers, scheduled jobs, and indexes
* Experience in software development (e.g. Java or Python) a strong plus
* Experience working within Amazon Web Services environments a strong plus
* Experience interfacing with real estate / residential software like Yardi, a strong plus
* Superior attention to detail and technical writing skills
* Strong analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
* Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Flexibility and attitude to achieve tight deadlines
* Ability to work with business owners and verify database designs meet the business’ requirements or identify system design alternatives
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR105663