Data Quality Analyst
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Data Analyst is responsible for continuously monitoring, evaluating, and improving the quality of the organization’s data so it can be trusted to drive intelligent decision making and fuel meaningful insights. The Data Analyst will work closely with the Data Quality Engineer to perform data quality analysis and develop reporting and dashboards to monitor and evaluate data quality. He/she will be responsible for the implementation of statistical process controls to monitor data quality and generate alerts. This position will also be responsible for performing ad-hoc analyses to surface actionable business insights.
- Uses Structured Query Language (SQL) to gather, organize and analyze data from various databases, source systems or external systems to profile, monitor and evaluate data quality
- Performs root cause analysis and collaborates with data stakeholders to identify and understand factors that contribute to data quality issues and recommends data capture and operational process improvements based on findings; coordinates with the appropriate internal (e.g. IT, Operations) and external stakeholders (e.g. technology or data partners) in the correction of source data or creation of translation sources, where applicable
- Develops data quality key performance indicators (KPI’s) and reporting to measure, monitor and evaluate data quality across the entire data stack
- Identifies data stakeholders across the organization and seeks to understand the input and output requirements of the business processes they support
- Updates data quality issue log to provide visibility to data quality opportunities, impact, root causes and efforts required to remediate the data
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field such as Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or similar discipline
- At least three (3) years’ experience using SQL and Excel in a data analysis or reporting role, including proficiency in writing queries and data blending skills; experience with R, SAS or Python is desirable
- Methodical, detail oriented and highly organized
- Intellectually curious with an affinity for data exploration, analysis and working with databases and large amounts of data
- Experience documenting data requirements and data rules (standardization, cleansing, validation)
- Track record of taking ownership of project deliverables and day-to-day work product
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Data Quality tools, such as Collibra, Informatica or Monte Carlo
- Salesforce & Yardi software applications
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: JR100141