Data Quality Engineer
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Data Quality Engineer (DQE) is responsible for the design, implementation and administration of a centralized data quality program that optimizes the health and reliability of data across the organization. The DQE works cross-functionally to uncover and deeply understand data quality challenges and develops frameworks, toolsets, processes, and sustainable best practices to solve those challenges. The DQE plays a vital role in making data fit for use so it can be trusted to drive intelligent decision making and fuel meaningful business innovation.
- Defines and administers the data quality standards, processes, workflows, and best practices that ensure data is fit for consumption and meets the needs of data consumers across the organization
- Performs data profiling to develop a deep understanding of the structure, content, and storage of data to identify opportunities to improve the quality of data, data transformation (ETL), data models and metadata
- Identifies data stakeholders across the organization and seeks to understand the input and output requirements of the business processes they support
- Gathers and synthesizes data from disparate systems and sources to identify data quality issues; continuously researches and identifies the root cause of data quality issues and implements remediation and improvement plans to prevent issues from recurring
- Assesses and recommends changes to business and technical processes that impact data quality and develops operational procedures for managing data quality issues when they arise
- Partners closely with technology and database teams to perform data cleansing, using automation whenever possible
- Designs and implements mechanism for continuously monitoring data quality by incorporating statistical process control and measurement processes into the information processing flow
- Develops and reports on data quality KPI’s to measure and monitor the health of data quality across the entire data stack and lifecycle and identify opportunities for improvement
- Maintains data quality issue log to provide visibility to data quality opportunities, impact, root causes and efforts required to remediate the data
- Leverages data quality technology to automate data quality activities to the greatest extent possible
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in quantitative field (Industrial Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar discipline)
- 4 or more years of relevant experience in data engineering, data governance, data quality or data management/analytics related practices
- Methodical, detail oriented and highly organized
- Experience with process design and implementation
- Strong business acumen with an affinity for data exploration, analysis and working with databases and large amounts of data
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills; employs systems thinking to solve complex problems
- Experience documenting data requirements and data rules (standardization, cleansing, validation)
- Track record of taking ownership of project deliverables and day-to-day work product
- Strong SQL and Excel skills; experience with R or Python is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with stakeholders that possess varying degrees of technical and content literacy at a variety of career levels with a multitude of differing demographic attributes (e.g., gender, culture, age, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Salesforce & Yardi software applications
- Data quality technology (e.g. Talend, Informatica, Monte Carlo)
- Statistical methods
- Six Sigma and Lean practices
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.