Data Strategy Developer
Data Strategy Developer
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Information Technology
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 38,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for over 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new, top-notch executive leadership. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and market offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
This position will be located at our Corporate Office in Scottsdale, AZ.
Candidates will participate in a technical round up as part of the interview process.
This role of Data Strategy/Java Developer is intended to bridge our data science and application development teams. This would be a good opportunity for either a strong developer looking to get into data science, or a data scientist looking to broaden their technical knowledge.
- Application development of in house analytic platforms and libraries to value and bid portfolios, evaluate performance, and build models for the real estate business.
- Evaluate and integrate third party analytics and data.
- Assist with migration of apps and code libraries onto AWS.
- Sourcing raw data from SQL databases, cleaning and validating data.
- Position is 75% focused on Java app development and 25% SQL ETL work
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative subject. At least 4 years of professional experience with Java application development and ETL processes in SQL. Should demonstrate familiarity with typical data analysis, modeling, and visualization tools and libraries. Ideal/competitive candidates would have Spring Boot, Vaadin, and Groovy experience as well.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to present data and analysis clearly and professionally to other quants and to non-quantitative end-users.
- The ideal candidate will take ownership for responsibilities, both for tasks assigned and for projects identified and pursued independently by the candidate.
- The candidate should be a collaborative team player who is highly professional, respectful, and honest. As part of the broader Data Science team, the candidate should be open to new ideas and willing to roll up their sleeves with colleagues to do what it takes to get the job done well.
- The candidate should show aptitude to understand and analyze problems and apply critical thinking to ensure accuracy of solutions.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative, not-so-typical real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and fun at work. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and a 401(k) program with company matching contributions.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.