Director, Broker Relations
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Real Estate Acquisitions
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential is the second largest owner/operator of high-quality, entry-level, single-family rental homes in the U.S. The firm has implemented a data-driven approach to selecting markets, neighborhoods, and home types and leverages proprietary technology to efficiently acquire homes individually from a variety of sources, primarily the Multiple Listing Service (“MLS”).
The Director, Broker Relations will be responsible for recruiting, hiring, training and managing the firm’s network of buy-side brokers and agents. The position will also be responsible for identifying and structuring partnerships with high-volume MLS listing brokerages and individual agents who have significant listing market share for homes that fit the firm’s investment criteria. The overarching goal of maximizing the effectiveness of the firm’s existing broker partners, and identifying and partnering with listing brokers who specialize in the sale of target homes is to radically expand the opportunity set from which the firm’s Acquisitions Team targets and acquires. The position will report to the Vice President, Acquisitions and may be based in any of the firm’s core markets.
- Develop performance scorecards for the firm’s existing network of buy-side real estate agents who currently represent the firm in MLS acquisitions
- Work closely with the Acquisitions Team and its broker network to identify best practices and drive tactical improvements for increased offer acceptance conversions
- Identity high-volume listing brokerages and agents within the firm’s core markets to develop strategic relationships for the purpose of generating off-market, pre-market, pocket listing and portfolio deal flow
- Work cross-functionally with Digital Marketing, Technology, and the Acquisitions Team to develop a digital marketing program and transaction process for working with the entire brokerage community within the firm’s core markets
- Bachelor's Degree (MBA preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think critically and develop well-reasoned conclusions
- Possess top-notch business development and negotiating skills
- Excellent ability to build and nurture relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Deep understanding of how homes are bought and sold on the MLS
- Avid user of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Business Intelligence platforms (Looker, Power BI, etc.); and project management software (Asana) highly preferred
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.