Director, Customer Portal Program
- Job ID
- Job Location
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Director Customer Portal Program will oversee the delivery of the Progress Customer Portal (“Portal”) Program, managing an internal team and external resources for its development. With this, the position will ensure the Portal meets/exceeds the requirements for functionality and that components are delivered on time and on budget. As the leader for the Portal Program, this individual will be the subject matter expert for the functionality and supporting structure along with being the champion of continually pushing the project forward.
This individual will be capable of both coordinating teams, managing constituents, and presenting issues and updates to other leaders in a relatable way that influences cooperation throughout the Company to ensure the Portal Program is successful.
You will need a background in digital technology, e-commerce, and website development with a track record of teamwork in completing digital transformations in previous roles. With this, a knowledge base of project mapping, project management and systems design will be essential.
- Own the development of the Portal Program, ensuring that intended functionality exceeds current industry standards and pushes the Company forward in utilizing an online strategy as the main communication vehicle for all customer interactions
- Map out the major requirements for Portal; Meet with, and continuously update stakeholders throughout the company to ensure functionality meets the needs of stakeholder departments:
- Marketing - Website Development
- Quantitative Strategies – Data Analytics
- Acquisitions - Pricing
- Information Technology
- Operations, Leasing and Contact Center
- Finance and Accounting
- Coordinate both an internal team and external resources to complete development tasks; liaison with supporting Central functions (IT, Marketing, RTS, PMO) to ensure coordination
- Ensure the Portal is developed in lockstep with functional goals for the Website and is consistent with marketing objectives and the Company’s customer acquisition strategy
- Translate requirements into functional components and work with managed team to create architecture to support develop timelines and stretch goals for finalizing components in conjunction with further Website development and other Initiatives in the Company
- Seek out third party solutions and work with the Information Technology team to evaluate build versus buy decisions; continuously research trends and oncoming technology to advise on how functionality of the Portal could be enhanced
- Continuously update key stakeholders and adapt requirements to meet critical needs; arbitrate the backlog/V2 list vs moving items into active development
- Continuously provide updates to Executive Management on progress; articulate the architecture and issues in relatable terms to drive decisioning and resource allocation
- 4-year degree in business or science, an MBA or MS degree is preferred
- 10+ years of experience in website development and a track record of successfully implementing successful web enabled interfaces as a manager and/or part of a development team
- While coding experience is not required, this position should be able to work with programmers and understand how website components come together, including data flows; additionally, be able to interface with the Marketing, Data Analytics teams and Information Technology groups to plan requirements and resourcing
- An inquisitive desire to make things better, not just settle for status quo; coupled with an aptitude to be innovative, creative, and forward thinking
- Capacity to intake information on current trends and oncoming technology to guide functions of online strategy
- Ability to communicate and advise decisioning with the Senior Management Team
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.