Director IT Infrastructure
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 65,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
At Progress we’re focused on maintaining a safe environment for our employees and our community. We incentivize and encourage our employees to be fully vaccinated.
The role of the Director, IT Infrastructure is to lead the planning, organizing, and managing of staff to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of all IT infrastructure across the enterprise. This encompasses developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas in network infrastructure, server infrastructure, telecommunications systems, end-user computing, help desk, and other employee productivity tools. Manage the infrastructure team in the day-to-day operations of a global production environment as well as contribute to the development of the IT strategic plan. The primary goal of the Infrastructure Team is to deliver a high-performing and highly reliable technical infrastructure service in support of Progress and Pretium’s business and IT objectives.
There are a number of highly strategic initiatives to plan and execute:
· Migrating services and servers, from legacy providers and technology to Azure.
· Implementing SD-WAN and Firewall as a Service (FWaaS)
· Restructure our Internal Service Desk to a Global Follow the Sun Model
· Modernizing the Internal service management Tools used.
· Implement our Desktop Engineering team with the goal of having a version-controlled Golden Images for the desktops/laptops as well as our cloud-based VDI.
· AWS to Azure Migration for Core Infrastructure Services
· Totally new VDI in Azure and support capable of handling 100 to >1000 VDI’s.
· Managing talented team of IT professionals based throughout the U.S. and India
· Be the central liaison for all internal IT Infrastructure, Engineering, and IT Business apps teams for major projects.
· Office openings, closure, and restructure.
· Onboarding and offboarding including those during M&A.
· Proven experience scaling IT teams in a growing business
· Experience managing globally dispersed teams
· Experience implementing best practices for user access management, incident management, and change management
· A strong IT Security mindset
· Experience with M&A due-diligence activity and the integration of acquired businesses
· Experience developing processes and policies for regulatory compliance such as ISO, SOC II, SOX, PCI
· Experience building collaboration and rapport within an organization with both technical and non-technical members
· Excellent communication skills, team spirit, and enjoyment of project work as well as the flexibility
· Overall responsibility for all systems, networks, and assets
· Ability to think and plan strategically, and execute tactically in partnership with vendors and other business units
· Interface with the business on IT and Security requirements
· Define, document, implement, and maintain all IT-related policies
· Direct and support implementation of software and systems
· Create infrastructure roadmaps in collaboration with business leaders
· Identify and recommend new technology solutions
· Partner with business stakeholders to understand the software and licensing needs globally, and propose long term solutions
· Manage internal IT support help desk and Infrastructure team
· Leverage automation and innovation to drive efficiency
· Have significant experience working in an IT Leadership role at a scaling, cloud-based company, growth company, or similar
· Have substantial people management experience and consider yourself a people manager first
· Enjoy a fast-paced and changing environment that enables you to juggle many types of projects at once.
· Are able to get things done in complex and collaborative environments (we’re seeking someone with project management, prioritization, and operational excellence bent)
· Have deep knowledge of allied teams and functions and how to partner effectively with them (e.g., People (HR), Engineering, Security, etc.)
· Possess interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization in order to delight, influence, and complete deliverables
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field or equivalent experience
* 10+ years of Information Technology experience, and 6+ years of IT management/leadership experience
* ITIL certification is a plus
* Well versed in IT / Cyber security issues, risks, and industry direction
* Networking and Cloud services experience and knowledge of leading industry trends
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Rigorous budget management in accordance with annual IT budgets
* Ability to manage multiple projects, support activities and tasks simultaneously
* Review and negotiate hardware acquisition and maintenance contracts, and pursue master schedule agreements to capitalize on economies of scale
* Ability to lead a fast-paced IT team of both full time and contract staff
* Must be a self-driven, motivated senior IT leader with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent communication, and a good customer and executive presence.
* Ability to interact with internal and external business users to gather and prioritize business requirements, oversee the design of solutions that adhere to architectural standards and direction to solve business requirements, and provide guidance to project and support organizations.
* Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values, and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
* Adheres to and exhibits our core values
* Business ethics, uprightness, honesty, and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
* Outstanding achievement - continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: JR102221