Director, National Operations
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Central Operations
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Director, National Operations is responsible for executing the Company’s strategic objectives, mission, vision, and values as they relate to central operations for the overall portfolio. This position will work closely with the Vice President of Contact Center and The Director of Onboarding and Retention as well as other leaders in the organization. The Director is also responsible for providing support and guidance on all daily management and operational issues and ensuring operational consistency and compliance across the teams. Innovative business strategies are critical to this role. This position works closely with senior management to ensure all strategic and operational goals and values are achieved.
Managing & Measuring Work
Dealing with Ambiguity
- Evaluate existing National Operations and identify opportunities for operational improvement and propose viable solutions in both Central and Market Services based operations
- Complete post training assessments to ensure transfer of learning and adoption of new processes/policies. Course correct as needed based on identified areas of opportunity.
- Work closely with market National Property Operations Managers/Directors to drive consistency and best practices
- Provide “substitute coverage” for Director and Manager level positions and assist with hiring, onboarding, and training leaders
- Assist and advise central teams on operations to drive optimal profit and loss (P&L) performance and employee engagement
- Work closely with central operations to ensure corporate initiatives are met
- Analyze processes and procedures to ensure optimum efficiency levels
- Work closely with leadership to ensure staffing and training goals are achieved
- Work across the Company to ensure processes and workflow are aligned with organizational goals
- Support change management in the organization to ensure proper documentation and training is provided to impacted employees
- Assist with developing and implementing project and change management initiatives
- Proactively lead change throughout the organization
- Conduct and report on periodic central reviews, as requested by SVP, VP and/or other stakeholders
- Human Resource Management
- Collaborate with central leadership and all Company Business Units
- Drive results cross-functionally
- Ensure central teams provide outstanding and responsive customer service
- Coordinate activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes
- Work with leaders to develop teams when/where appropriate
- Ensure all training requirements are completed timely
- 5 or more years of previous business/operations management experience
- 5 or more years of supervisory experience
- Proven record of achieving or exceeding P&L results
- Yardi and/or Salesforce experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to effectively manage a diverse group of remote and in office leaders
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel for operational modeling and development of corporate and departmental staffing plans
- Possible travel up to 25%
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Excellent oral and written and presentation skills
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.