Director of UX Design for Digital Platforms
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion as applicable by state law.
We’re looking for a visionary leader to design the future for Progress Residential, as the top product design leader for our digital platform strategy.
Create Amazing Platform Capabilities
* Drive thought leadership in design thinking & user experience design across several platform teams delivering Digital capabilities to product teams across Progress Residential
* Lead a talented team of user experience designers and researchers to create "best in world" platform capabilities across all our digital products
* Guide the UX Design team to push the boundaries of excellence in
* experience architecture
* ease of use
* motion design & micro-interaction
* Critique, guide and evolve the work of designers - and of partner teams, too
* Present work persuasively and authoritatively to peers and senior leadership, while facilitating collaborative conversation to drive the best product outcomes
* Continuously research the latest design trends, emerging technologies, and other developments in the user experience field that should be considered and implemented
Build a world-class UX team
* Source, hire and develop a high-performing team with world-class skills. Motivate and engage team members to achieve peak performance and high job satisfaction.
* Lead and inspire UX Designers across multiple practice areas, and actively lead one or more community of practice:
* user research
* experience architecture
* visual & interaction design
* Mentor UX Design team members who show potential for team leadership or principal roles
* Maintain and evolve a scalable methodology, shared across UX teams, driving to keep it lean, efficient, effective and repeatable.
* Define and evolve the UX vision in alignment with digital strategy
* Build rock-solid partnerships with CX, innovation, and other partner organizations
* Drive user-obsessed design thinking that creates business value across the company
* Define and execute a comprehensive roadmap for UX business maturity, including stretch objectives and objectively measurable goals
* Manage a consistent, repeatable set of project artifacts (including mock-ups, prototypes, wireframes, journey maps, task flows, site maps, personae, and presentation materials), evolving them in sync across the UX practice as our business changes and grows
Build strong relationships to maximize UX team’s thought leadership
* Partner with, and influence, key stakeholders in lines of business, product management, technology & dev, agile transformation, marketing, analytics and other teams to strengthen relationships, persuade and deliver amazing products
* Promote, by example, a positive culture of achievement and getting things done by being responsive and timely, by finding win-win solutions, and by solving problems with divergent, expansive, design thinking methods
Continually expand UX Team’s value to the brand
* Advocate and embody customer-obsession, inside and outside the UX organization, resulting in simple, innovative, lovable digital products/experiences
* Build on and promote an atomic, digital design system to continually add and refine components, improve quality and speed, and increase adoption.
* Maximize reuse of UI components and obsessively focus on "frictionless experiences".
* Measure and manage UX design value by
* Synthesizing each project’s business goals to set specific, measurable objectives so we can measure design success
* Guide teams to consistently deliver work that meets or exceeds the criteria
* Manage ongoing measurement and report regularly to senior leadership
* Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
* 15+ years of experience driving UX for large-scale digital products
* 10+ years of track record leading and managing creative teams
* Exceptional aesthetic judgment and demonstrated ability to recognize and promote excellent design that furthers users’ goals in an elegant, intuitive way
* Master's degree in design or design-related field
* 5+ years agency or consulting design experience
* Demonstrated ability as a strategic thinker and business leader
* Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
* Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively across teams and influence decision makers
* Well-developed verbal, communication, presentation and storytelling skills
* Meticulous attention to detail
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: JR102715