Director Portfolio Integrations
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 65,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
At Progress we’re focused on maintaining a safe environment for our employees and our community. We incentivize and encourage our employees to be fully vaccinated.
The Director, Portfolio Integrations owns strategy development, implementation, and execution of the end-to-end processes across all Pretium organizations and third-party vendors to deliver the successful ingestion of single-family residential bulk purchases into Progress Residential. A bulk purchase is typically 20 - 2,000 occupied homes. This role works closely with acquisition teams within Pretium and Progress Residential as their operations trusted advisor. At times participating in aspects of deal due diligence and deal negotiations. Expected to be able to lead and orchestrate across various complex sets of stakeholders and subject matter experts.
* Owns the formalization, standardization, and documentation of the current deal integration processes. Accountable to further improve these processes specifically through the application of the appropriate process improvement methodologies and technology.
* Leads the operational execution of all deal integrations via the proven processes, adjusting for deal uniqueness, and works diligently to improve these processes.
* Understands and accounts for the following aspects of deal integrations: Data Migration, Rental Pricing, HOA, Utilities, IT, Leasing and Applications, Collections, Customer Care, Legal, Market Operations, Marketing & Communications, Procurement, Renewals, Service Coordination, Home Turns, Deposit Accounting, and Home inspection, at a minimum.
* Works alongside the Pretium and Progress Residential Acquisitions teams. Acts as a business champion, internal consultant, and proactive strategic driver. Acts as part of the deal team helping to navigate deal decisions during negotiations and the impact of those decisions during operational integration of the homes.
* Liaise with external counterparties (consultants, sellers, brokers) to obtain necessary information for integration.
* Serve as the bridge between acquisition team & the asset management team; perform necessary functions before final transition to operational teams (e.g., ensuring finishing of pro rations, seller communications pre and post acquisitions); orchestration of completion of contractual post-closing obligations.
* Guides operational leaders across the engaged Pretium entities for seamless deal execution.
* Ensures a successful close of each deal by program managing every aspect of the transaction from an operational perspective.
* Influence deal integration ideas at all levels of the organization using structured (Lean/Six Sigma) thinking, hypothesis creation, and business-case style approaches.
* Accountable to leverage the assigned Deal Integration Project Manager and other resources to maximize the metrics used to measure success.
* Must excel at leading aspects of change management with a focus on creating best case resident experiences through the integration process.
* Accountable to orchestrate all deal calls across engaged entities and within Progress Residential’s operations.
* Provide quarterly reporting demonstrating successful integrations and improved processes. Metrics of success to be set by the business and the reporting SVP.
* Proven experience solving problems with a sense of recognizing opportunities, understanding risks and acting quickly to overcome obstacles and reach a solution all by following a deliberate and detailed process focused methodology.
* Capable of intense data analytics, manipulation of large spreadsheets and financial acumen required.
* Understands basic IT principles. Understands or has a working knowledge of Yardi and SalesForce.
* Ability to deliver project management responsibilities such as leading status meetings, identifying / tracking risks and mitigation plans, project planning, resource mobilization, cost tracking & financial updates.
* Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision and effectively communicate (orally and in writing) with others, both internally and externally
* Ability to organize, prioritize, anticipate and navigate issues and allocate workload for optimum efficiency
* Strong team player with a high level of professionalism
* Multitasker in a constantly changing, fast paced environment
* Experience owning and improving processes regardless of size, including expertise with common methodologies (i.e., Six Sigma, Lean, Hammer, etc.)
Education and Experience:
* Minimum ten years relevant blend of process transformation, real estate management, large real estate transactions, property management, and/or business experience required
* Five years management or strategy consulting experience or equivalent preferred
* Outcome metric focused and quantifiable results, Accounting validated a plus
* Trained and demonstrated full application of LEAN required, Certification a plus
* Trained and demonstrated full application of change management required, Certification a plus
* Trained and demonstrated full application of project management required, Certification a plus
* 4-year college degree required, Masters a plus
* Computer skills - MS Office, Asana, Visio or other process mapping software, Minitab or other statistical analysis software, SharePoint, Data Mining, SQL experience, Statistical modeling skills.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: JR101966