Director Workforce Development
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 65,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
At Progress we’re focused on maintaining a safe environment for our employees and our community. We incentivize and encourage our employees to be fully vaccinated.
The Director Workforce Development designs and implements comprehensive programs and services to develop the company’s skilled workforce. This includes but is not limited to apprenticeship programs, front line supervisor training, trade and vocational school partnerships, curriculum programs and sponsorships, etc. The Director will work in partnership with operations management to develop programs for specific projects, trades and occupations. The incumbent will also provide leadership and strategic direction to the Regional Workforce Development Managers to ensure the design, execution and results of the Workforce Development Program are best in class. Ultimately you will support initiatives focused on improving productivity, including continuous improvement efforts that are scalable.
* Leads the Workforce Development team across the organization and provides strategic leadership and support to ensure all initiatives are being executed effectively.
* Conducts and supports research and development activities for specific workforce development initiatives, including efforts to improve workforce productivity.
* In conjunction with the company’s talent acquisition team, identifies workforce needs and designs programs to develop and retain a highly productive skilled workforce.
* Designs programs that provide career development for front line employees and addresses the strategic needs of the company.
* Selects and/or develops curriculum, instructional materials, development programs, and other resources.
* Provides consulting to individual employees, managers and departments on workforce development issues.
* Recruits and develops external and incumbent employee instructors and manages the recruitment and selection of apprentices.
* Manages training and development records and reporting for all workforce development programs and activities and evaluates their effectiveness with scorecards.
* Manages partnership activities and represents the company in schools, educational organizations and industry associations and performs other duties as assigned to support the company's workforce development needs.
* Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or related fields required or at least 7+ years’ experience in a leadership role within construction/training.
* Must have a high level of technical expertise in training and development, including experience with craft and/or technical skills.
* Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, and program/project management skills.
* Construction industry and/or supervisory experiences are highly desirable.
* Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs.
* Knowledge of adult learning theories and learning and development best practices.
* Previous experience working in a front line/craft position for a residential construction firm is preferred.
* Experience designing and developing instructional materials in a variety of media preferred
* Must be flexible to deliver training in a variety of formats: classroom, virtual, on-the-job, synchronous, asynchronous, etc.
* Ability to describe technical concepts in a way that makes them easily understandable, digestible, and relatable.
* Technical aptitude and demonstrated experience leveraging learning technologies and tools that integrate with and support learning activities.
* Experience demonstrating the effectiveness of learning solutions through measurement, analysis, and reporting required.
* Strong communication and presentation skills with proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and other course development tools
* Energy, enthusiasm, and initiative to create new programs and drive national outcomes, balancing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Spanish Bilingual Preferred
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: JR102477