Employee Relations Specialist
- Job Title
- Employee Relations Specialist
- Human Resources
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our current and future residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
The Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for a variety of key HR support and services. This position works closely with the Human Resource Manager to assist with employee relations, employee morale programs, performance management, policy implementation, employment law compliance, and continuous improvement. Has broad knowledge of commonly-used concepts, best practices, and procedures within employee relations and human resources.
- Delivers best in class counsel and guidance aligned to Progress Residential’s policies, federal and local employment laws and the company culture and mindset.
- Handles employee relations counseling, conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Partners with Human Resources and Legal when conducting investigations to include detailed interviews, fact finding, and providing recommendations to HR and Leadership on appropriate actions/responses.
- Provides a confidential and unbiased resource for employees and managers to share concerns, report observations and ask questions.
- Functions in a wide variety of situations such as employee counseling, fact finding and facilitation between employee/manager relationships.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations.
- Advises on matters related to supervision of direct reports and provides consultation and guidance to managers in the areas of coaching and counseling of their direct reports.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches to policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Proactively identifies and communicates Employee Relations metrics, workplace trends and benchmarking data.
- Develops and leads programs and initiatives that support strategic efforts to create an ideal work environment.
- Handles and administers unemployment claim responses and prepares and coordinates hearings.
- Upholds a customer-focused philosophy and attitude consistent with the Company standards, with a high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Facilitates training and workshops on key HR policies and best practices.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge or expertise of employment law ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Monitor disciplinary actions to ensure consistency,
- Five or more years of previous Human Resources experience with at least three years’ experience in employee relations with a corporate and multi-state environment
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree required.
- PHR/SPHR certification a plus.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills fostering teamwork, communication and mutual respect throughout the company
- Ability to exercise good judgment, assess employment risk and provide strategic advice
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the Company
- Must have demonstrable experience in changing work environments and the effects associated in the human resources area
- Excellent communication skills including written skills when documenting the investigation process
- Computer capabilities, including experience using MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point), email and the Internet
- Protects confidential information and sensitive materials
- Demonstrates even temperament and adaptability at all levels of the organization as well as outside of the company
- Works methodically and is highly organized and detail-oriented
- Time management, managing multiple priorities without missing deadlines
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.