- Job ID
- Job Location
- Dallas Executive
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes in sixteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Financial Analyst will work on financial and operational projects relating to the Company’s property management operations, reporting / data strategy and key business forecasts and analysis. Responsibilities include operational analysis & support, exception-based management, action planning, reporting, business analysis, budgeting and forecasting. The position reports to the VP Business Analysis & Planning.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst who can work alongside our C-Level executives to help convert data into useful information for decision-making. Then capture the salient information into powerful presentations for our parent company, investors and board members.
- Partner with Operations to establish performance standards and ensure action plans are in place to achieve desired results
- Ensure appropriate performance metrics are in place and are supported with analysis and exception-based reporting
- Partner with Operations to lead monthly financial and business reviews
- Manage financial and non-financial data provided by internal property managers.
- Analyze data for breaks, inconsistencies, exceptions and communicate both internally and externally
- Work with other finance team members to ensure all business logic is reflected correctly in all reporting, analyses, and models
- Populate operational data into financial models
- Prepare internal management reports to assess performance
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or operations management related field
- 4 -7 years’ experience as a financial or business analyst
- Candidate must have strong Excel (with VBA experience), PowerPoint and data management skills
- Experience partnering with Operations teams
- Strong collaboration and communications skills
- General programming skills or SQL skills a plus
- Strong balance of business, financial and technical skills with the ability to communicate and drive initiatives cross functionally
- Residential real estate / property management experience a plus
- Yardi, Salesforce experience a plus
- Candidate must be resourceful, present well to management, and have the ability to take ownership over projects and recurring tasks
- Candidate must be willing and able to work in a start-up atmosphere with a wide range of responsibilities and deal with constantly evolving deadlines, requirements and challenges
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.