Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resources Business Partner
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Human Resources
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 33,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for over 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new, top-notch executive leadership. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and market offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The human resources business partner will provide responsive and pro-active support to leadership on broader HR issues and complex individual cases. The position serves as an advisor, partner, and consultant for leadership to build capabilities, plan and manage talent, and develop approaches that achieve organizational objectives. Create integrated solutions as a change agent to successfully balance employee needs with business objectives and proactively translate business strategy into people implication.
- Partners with leadership to align HR strategy and support to business strategy.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with HR peers to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Acts as change agent to business through process design and approaches that support change and transformation – striving to lead mutual processes to best practice status.
- Provides day-to-day coaching to leadership on a variety of actions to include employee relations issues, policy interpretation and application, talent management and development, and organizational design consultation.
- Conducts and documents internal investigations, makes recommendations including review/approval of employee terminations.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Assist with the investigation and response to all legal demands and Federal/State charges.
- Leads and/or supports annual HR cycle deliverables to include performance management, merit and bonus awards, benefits enrollment, etc.
- Evaluates issues, patterns, and trends to provide proactive insights for HR solution and program designs i.e. training to address certain needs.
- Partners with Payroll, HRIS, and Compensation and Benefits functions as needed to provide solutions for clients.
- Partners with Director of Human Resources and appropriate Progress Residential leaders to grow the capacity of the organization’s key talent to include high potential identification (via Talent Management) and associated development programming.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal discrimination and employment regulations.
- Administers unemployment insurance processes, reviews liability reports, monitors program costs and recommends policy changes to the director of human resources.
- Assist with developing and administrating of all company internal policies and procedures.
- Oversees annual audits as needed; such as 401K Retirement, Workers Compensation, Benefits, EEO-1
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Proven strong foundation and knowledge of principles & practice of HR including employment law & compliance requirements
- Proven client management and business literacy skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to build and sustain strong business relationships
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively coach employees and management through complex and difficult issues
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to set high personal goals and work independently
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- Agility; able to spot opportunities and threats, and act to implement change quickly
- Analytical and goal oriented
- Demonstrated experience with HR metrics
- Proven acuity in MS office suite, internet and data-base management
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business-related field
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of HR experience with at least two (2) years’ experience managing direct reports.
- Multi-site location client support experience a plus
- PHR/SPHR preferred
- Ability to travel as needed
Work Environment and Conditions
- Physical requirements: normal office environment, ability to sit, stand and operate office equipment
- Travel requirements: Ability to travel with short notice as required and potentially up to 25% travel overall
- Other: Ability to work overtime when project demands
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative, not-so-typical real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and fun at work. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and a 401(k) program with company matching contributions.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: 2019-3532