- Job Title
- Instructional Designer
- Property Operations - Non Mangement
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our future and current residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
The Instructional Designer will work with the Training and Curriculum Manger, and key stakeholders to create online learning modules, web-based training, instructor led training materials and guides, and all supporting content. This position will work closely with the LMS Administrator to upload and manage courses within Progress ED (learning management platform), and with the Sr. Graphic Designer to ensure brand and design standards for all content. The Instructional Designer will use strong interpersonal, written and visual communication skills to bring together text, images, video and audio to communicate and educate employees, to perform job functions and remain in compliance with company and industry standards.
- Create fluid content to ensure learners remain engaged and courses see minimal attrition. Ensure content/courses cater effectively to a wide variety of learners; modularize and update existing instructor-led and online content and curate the most relevant content to be included in the course.
- Work with subject matter experts, devise modes of assessment and interactions to ensure the optimum efficacy of the course. Collaborate with all parties involved to brainstorm the aesthetics of the curriculum.
- Working with existing style guide and philosophy, create brand focused coursework and materials that are professional/learner friendly and ensure the learners are not overwhelmed by the experience.
- Conduct detailed needs assessments with internal clients to determine learning needs and partners with subject matter experts to develop outlines, scripts, scenarios, storyboards, and simulations for online, webinar and classroom training.
- Present assessment results with logic and fact-based evidence to internal clients.
- Create online, webinar and classroom-based training, applying solid instructional design methodology (ADDIE) and adult learning theory.
- Work closely with facilitators to develop Participant Guides, Leader's Guides, PowerPoints, online resources, websites and handouts for all training delivery channels.
- Develop exercises, activities, and progress checks that maximize learner understanding and retention of content.
- Develop and communicate timelines and project plans to clients.
- Participate in post-production evaluation of training designs.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
- 2 to 4 years of experience as an instructional designer
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Proven ability to facilitate in small groups and through virtual mediums (Skype, GoToWebinar, etc.)
- Experience in conducting needs and gap analysis
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Storyline 360, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office required
- Experience working with learning management systems (Absorb, Grace Hill, Ultimate Software)
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience with course authoring tools (Raptivity, Prezi, Camtasia, etc.) a plus
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.