Knowledge Base Administrator
- Job Title
- Knowledge Base Administrator
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our future and current residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
This position requires an innovative problem-solver who can take our existing collection of FAQs and resource information used to answer critical resident questions and create a robust and easy-to-use system of accessing the resource information to support business operations. The Knowledge Base Administrator will author content not only for the Knowledge Base, but also for Policy and Procedure, Training and other collateral areas.
The Knowledge Base Administrator will be working across multiple departments including Customer Care, Renewals, Service, Collections, and Sales to enrich our knowledge base, increase the findability of content, and fill content gaps. We're looking for someone who is familiar with knowledge base industry best practices. Experience making similar strategies functional to support the business outcomes of improving self-service and faster case resolution is desired. Focusing on ease of access to information is the key component of this role.
- Lead the implementation and roadmap of the Knowledge Base Program with focus on achieving the strategic goals of the organization.
- Has ownership and maintenance responsibility for company Operations Guides.
- Gather institutional knowledge for retention and socialize it enterprise-wide.
- Design and own the architecture for the overall knowledge base.
- Provide clear and concise processes and workflows within Knowledge Base.
- Drive awareness and adoption of knowledge base processes and systems.
- Establish KPIs, analyzing the effectiveness of the new knowledge management programs by observing its usage and evaluate its impact in terms of the organizational benefits.
- Work w/ SMEs to create ,author and implement knowledge offerings.
- Identify trends from customer care and identify top priorities for case resolution opportunities through the creation of knowledge articles.
- Create and update knowledge articles by following defined guidelines and processes, researching various sources of information and interacting with subject matter experts across Progress Residential.
- Maintain an up to date and accurate Knowledge Base, including regular reviews of existing knowledge articles; updating and/or removing information that is no longer valid.
- Edit knowledge articles for grammar, language, and compliance to style guides.
- Take ownership of knowledge base projects and initiatives.
- 5+ years of experience running a Knowledge Management or Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) Program
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Technical support experience with a cloud based product (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience writing knowledge base articles, procedural and/or reference information
- Certified Knowledge Manager (CKM) or KCS Certification
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to maintain constructive cross functional working relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Ability to articulate (written and verbal) complex technical topics clearly
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Willingness and ability to act as project/team lead for team projects as needed
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.