Lease Compliance Specialist
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion or as applicable by state law.
Text ProgressJobs to 25000 and you can chat with our Recruiting Assistant Kate who can help you find jobs, apply for jobs and answer your questions.
The Lease Compliance Specialist evaluates completed work performed in markets and in the central office, verifies the content, sends notices to responsible parties to correct errors, and verifies that policies and procedures are enforced. This evaluation of completed work includes completed leases and application materials, ledger accuracy, closed work orders and scopes, HOA Violation requests, and any other stored work that can be reviewed, evaluated, corrected, and reported upon.
The Lease Compliance Specialist works closely with central operations personnel and key positions in the markets to verify and request correction of documents and ledgers that require corrections. The Least Compliance Specialist is responsible for escalating issues to Portfolio Operations Directors and Regional Directors in the markets, Onboarding and Retention Director(s) and to key positions in the central office, and to escalate further issues to the Manager for review and approval as necessary.
* Lease Preview/Review
* Reviews signed leases
* Logs errors in Yardi
* Corrects Yardi errors in system
* Sends other errors to Yardi support/accounting personnel to correct
* Follows up to ensure consistency and timeliness of corrections
* Contributes information to monthly reports on lease preview/review results to Compliance and Management
* Pre-Purchase Review
* Review of existing leases prior to purchase by Acquisitions
* Document discrepancies between lease and rent roll prior to purchase
* Other department/function reviews, as necessary
* Communicate to Property Management/Central Office when action is needed to correct deficiencies
* Work closely with Support, Operations and Training departments to educate and guide market and central office teams through escalated issues.
* High School diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree or Associate degree a plus
* 2 or more years of previous property management experience in either the single family or multi-family rental industry with experience in processing and reviewing lease documents and other document/process review functions
* Prior experience in detective review or in an audit-related role is a plus
* Detail Orientated
* Accounting experience a plus
* DocuSign knowledge a plus
* Previous use of Yardi Voyager and Salesforce strongly preferred, and Excel/spreadsheet proficiency a plus
* Ability to build and maintain positive relationships in markets and central office
* Fosters teamwork and mutual respect throughout the company
* Strong communication skills with proven effective Interactions with market-based teams.
* Attention to detail is essential in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the data across all areas and systems utilized in the day-to-day operations
* Excellent time management is required to be able to prioritize the routine tasks and functions needed
* Must be able to provide clear and concise direction, both written and verbal, and must be able to work through often complex problem-solving challenges with limited direction provided
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.