- Job ID
- Job Location
- Property Management - Leasing
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 38,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for over 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new, top-notch executive leadership. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and market offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Leasing Manager (LM) coordinates the sales operation of assigned properties within the guidelines of the quality standards, operating objectives, and goals established by the Company and POD. The LM is a member of the Property Management department and responsible for driving and executing all leasing transactions. This position provides leadership and daily management over a team responsible for all aspects of field-level leasing functions, including but not limited to marketing, showings, leads, rent growth, move ins, application gathering and review.
Managing & Measuring Work
Hiring and Staffing
Developing Effective Teams
Drive for Results
- Manages leasing and marketing functions, including but not limited to all activities of the Leasing Specialists and Resident Relations Specialist (depending on market)
- Lead leasing team in maintaining a high degree of customer service and competency level in all resident interactions, whether over the phone, text or email, through formal written communication or in person
- Revenue Generation – Manage the leasing activity to maximize the value of the assigned portfolio; share intimate knowledge and evaluation of market trends; and make rent recommendations during pricing calls, or as necessary
- Become the market expert regarding market conditions (to include rents, available product, neighborhoods and general economic trends) by analyzing data, gathering feedback, and personally inspecting homes regularly
- Manages leasing team to ensure the market meets and exceeds the monthly occupancy and move in goals
- Develops relationships with local real estate agent and broker community and manages all communication with external leasing agents regarding Company policy, procedure, qualifications and expectations
- Works closely with central office marketing, onboarding (applications), retention (renewals), training and pricing teams to coordinate best execution for each asset
- May lead team of Resident Relations Specialist to manage and conduct Move-In Orientations for assigned homes
- Represents the company to prospective applicants, real estate agents and brokers in a courteous and professional manner – always putting customer service first
- Oversee and manage development of direct reports across all leasing and property management functions
- Recruit, hire, and train qualified, dynamic, high performance leasing personnel
- Enforce policies to enable assigned portfolio to function according to quality standards and operating objectives
- Be knowledgeable of provisions in standard lease documents and maintain a working knowledge of resident rules and regulations
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Responsible for managing Leasing Specialists schedule and managing overtime
- Turn leads into rentals – meeting or exceeding established market goals.
- Human Resource Management
- Supervision of staff, set goals and holds people accountable for results
- Coordinate activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes
- Develop team and is focused on succession plan within group
- Ensure that all training requirements are completed timely
- Ensure that employees all have goals and receive regular feedback on their performance
- Performance management of personnel including, reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development plans and performance improvement plans
- High School Diploma required, Associates Degree a plus
- 5 or more years of experience in leasing apartments or single-family homes
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience
- Real Estate license required
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Persistent approach with strong customer service
- Previous use of Yardi Voyager and Salesforce strongly desired
- Possesses strong organizational skills and is detail oriented
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing, growth environment
- Fosters teamwork and mutual respect throughout the company
- Interacts productively in person and through technology with co-workers, team members, management and other company personnel on a daily basis to accomplish duties and responsibilities.
- Flexible work schedule required which includes evenings and weekends depending on business needs
- Computer literacy, ability to comfortably navigate new technology and competency in MS Office a must
- Sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Ability to talk, hear, compare, compute, compile, copy, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate and communicate
- Moderate stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing or balancing
- Sustains substantially recurring movements to fingers, hands, wrist, legs and feet
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
- Ability to identify and distinguish color
- Ability to distinguish the differences and similarities in odors
- Ability to lift and/or move 25 pounds or more
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative, not-so-typical real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and fun at work. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and a 401(k) program with company matching contributions.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.