Leasing Specialist - Real Estate - Real Estate License Required
- Job ID
- Job Location
- US-FL-Altamonte Springs
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
-Active Florida Real Estate license REQUIRED
The Leasing Specialist is responsible for delivering the Prospect Centered Sales and Service experience as they guide prospective and future residents to finding their next home. The Leasing Specialist is responsible for ensuring that prospective and future residents that have expressed interest in leasing a home have the information needed to make an informed decision to view and lease a Progress Residential home. The Leasing Specialist will act as a liaison between the applicant and central office throughout the application journey until move in day. The Leasing Specialist will assist with Resident Relations Specialists in homes they are responsible for ensuring homes are marketed, branded, and catalogued with accuracy and meet the Progress Residential standards.
Integrity & Trust
Drive for Results
- Acts as a knowledgeable guide for prospective and future residents to provide accurate information on viewing, applying, and moving into a Progress Residential home
- Manages and updates daily a database of prospective and future residents
- Documents interactions with prospective residents pre and post applications
- Meets or exceeds monthly move-in goals
- Lead Management as an essential daily function to provide information and guidance while maintaining a positive interaction with the customer.
- Ensures quick and timely follow up with all assigned prospective and future residents
- Directs prospective residents in locating other Progress Residential homes of interest as options to lease
- Acts as a liaison with Renovations, Turns, and Service to ensure home ready dates are accurately advertised to prospective and future residents
- Monitors customer feedback regarding home appearance and lease ability
- Cleans lights to ensure asset shows well and is prepared for new resident/s
- Ensures interior of home is clean and ready for move-in
- Ensures that exterior of the house is clean and ready for move-in by removing small trash, pi discarding fruit fallen off trees and bushes, and removing unsightly twigs, branches, or weeds as necessary
- Sweeps front sidewalks or patios
- Changes or rekeys existing smart locks, as needed
- Collaborates with Leasing Manager or team members for any needed solutions to help lease home
- Verifies accuracy of photos, descriptions, website of listed homes to attract interested residents.
- Identifies and communicates any areas of concern with assigned homes that are in a Long-Standing Vacant status
- Installs/verifies curated home materials at homes that are available to lease
- Verifies available homes can easily be viewed by our prospective and future residents in person and online
- Catalogues and verifies unique home characteristics and ensures they are documented in Salesforce
- Assists in ensuring future residents application documents are completed, lease has been signed, and all move-in monies have been collected prior to the move-in date
- Provides area amenities information that aid in leasing homes to residents
- Communicates information and methods with cross-functional team members
- Follows terms of Fair Housing, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the American Disabilities Act, and all other applicable laws
- Maintains an active real estate license
- Participates in Market Resident Contact Programs, using telephone, email and text, as required
- Assists in Comp Surveys as needed
- Acts as a knowledgeable guide for agents not employed with Progress Residential to provide accurate information on viewing, applying, and moving into a Progress Residential home listed on the MLS
- Assists in performing new resident orientation for assigned move-ins
- Sets expectation with new residents on their responsibilities as a Progress Residential Resident, as well as the Company’s responsibility to them
- Orients new resident to their home; reviews Resident Guide; and provides key information on rental payment options, service request submissions, and local contact information
- Verifies government issued identification of resident at move-in or designated person per company policy
- Ensures required move-in inspection documentation (including photographs) is completed with accuracy, submitted for review and filing to supervisor and uploaded into Salesforce in a timely manner
- Performs occupancy checks as needed on homes suspected of scam/fraud, skip or on eviction; to include taking photos and communicating home status to APOD/LM/PA
- Driven and motivated to perform with incentive- based pay
- Active Florida Real Estate license REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must have reliable transportation
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Experience in customer service or service type business required
- Maintain valid car insurance at all times
- Knowledge of local area preferred
- Some knowledge of home maintenance is beneficial
- Capability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work without direct supervision and stay on task
- Flexible Schedule and availability on weekdays and/or weekends as needed
- Sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Ability to talk, hear, compare, compute, compile, copy, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate and communicate
- Moderate stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing or balancing
- Sustains substantially recurring movements to fingers, hands, wrist, legs and feet
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
- Ability to lift and/or move 25 pounds or more
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.