Legal Assistant - Property Management
Legal Assistant - Property Management
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Scottsdale - Progress Residential
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With nearly 40,000 homes in sixteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Legal Assistant will provide legal support for the activities of the Legal Department by preparing documents, performing research, creating reports, managing projects, responding to requests for information, tracking litigation, expenses, licensing and related matters, managing vendors, compliance tracking and reporting, preparing communications, and general administrative support such as arranging meetings, coordinating calendars and travel as well as general expense reporting and invoice processing.
- Provide general legal support to the Legal Department.
- Create complete files and perform initial evaluation of all adverse actions (demands and disputes).
- Track costs and calendars for litigation, incidents, bankruptcy, and licenses.
- Complete rental registrations.
- Draft and track company certificates of authority.
- Manage incoming mail, calendar, travel, preparing for presentations, Company meetings and other key events.
- Accept and manage incoming service of process.
- Assist in entity registrations and related filings.
- Copy, scan and file documents as needed.
- Serve as liaison between the Legal Team and others.
- Compile, prepare and submit monthly expense reports.
- Process and submit invoices.
- Assist with research and projects as assigned.
- Assist with maintaining and preserving contract documents, both physical and electronic.
- Prepare reports, memos, letters and other documents using MS Office – Word, Power Point, Visio and Excel.
- File and retrieve documents, records and reports.
- Assist with tracking and reporting other compliance items.
- Prepare agendas and communicate to participants for key meetings, etc.
- Anticipate problems, critical issues and opportunities as they arise and act accordingly.
- Coordinate projects and tasks.
- Available and flexible for follow ups, problem solving, customer service resolutions, special projects, etc.
- Handle sensitive and confidential business matters and information with discretion.
- Prepare and organize pre-meeting and post-meeting materials and reports as needed.
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between management, guests, suppliers, vendors, visitors, residents and employees.
- Interpret and respond clearly and effectively to verbal or written instructions.
- Frequent interaction and teamwork with all Senior Executives and employees.
- Verify and submit expense reports through Concur.
- Arrange cost effective travel arrangements, meetings and activities.
- Track department costs within department budgets.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree preferred. Must have 3 or more years of experience providing administrative support; experience as a key admin for legal and/or human resources preferred.
- Advanced skills with MS Office including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Visio.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with a working knowledge of common legal, HR and business concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in providing comprehensive support to department leaders.
- Proven problem solving, conceptual thinking and analytical abilities.
- Proven track record of managing all administrative activities; calendar, internal and external correspondence, travel and accommodations, expense reporting.
- Exceptional project management skills to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility to adapt to changing needs in a deadline-driven setting.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare management and other reports as necessary to a high standard.
- Organized/adept at multi-tasking and working effectively in high pressure environments.
- Ability to make calculated decisions quickly.
- Work efficiently and proactively in managing duties and deadlines.
- Proven track record of successfully managing upwards.
- Excellent presentation skills together with the ability to think on your feet.
- Ability to work in a discreet manner, maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Experience in travel arrangement and coordination.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.