Make Ready Coordinator
Make Ready Coordinator
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Customer Service/Support
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 30,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new executive leadership, including the recent appointment of Charles “Chaz” Mueller to Chief Executive Officer. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and regional offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Make Ready Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to schedule and track all initial renovations and ongoing unit turns as well as manage the flow of information between the Acquisitions, Renovations Turns and Service, HOA, Utilities and Property Management departments. The Make Ready Coordinator regularly monitors and tracks project volume and load balances between internal field teams and vendors to ensure high-quality and timely completions. The Make Ready Coordinator position plays a critical role in compressing construction cycle times and administering the seamless transition of rent ready units to the Leasing and Property Management teams.
- Monitors Closing and Move-Out reports; configures and inputs property characteristics into a scoping application used by Make Ready Supervisor to evaluate and develop cost and labor estimates for properties
- Reviews Estimates for accuracy and completeness; uploads Estimates into workflow management system
- Ensures the Acquisitions Analyst has the necessary information within the Estimate to perform pre-acquisition due diligence as required on new acquisitions.
- Assists and facilitates communication between Acquisitions Analyst and Estimators to ensure proper scoping as required on new acquisitions.
- Schedules all make ready activities required to prepare a home as rent ready including: In house Make Ready Technician or contracted work Pest control, landscaping, painting, flooring, cleaning and pool work as needed.
- Assists with assigning Scopes-of-Work / Estimates to approved vendors within assigned market
- Provides contractors with approved scopes-of-work so that they can commence work
- Ensures the timely and accurate input of all information (e.g. budgets, completion dates, etc.) into workflow management systems
- Reviews and codes invoices and submits for approval
- Ensures all steps are taken to leverage negotiated pricing for materials and labor within assigned market
- Works with Contract Coordinator to onboard local vendors onto Progress Residential’s platform; ensures all required documents are properly filled out and submitted for review
- Assists in creation and circulation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting by making sure all information pertaining to duties is accurately reported or updated.
- Raises issues or make ready delays to Service Director or Make Ready Manager
- High School Diploma and/or 3 years equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of the residential Building/Remodel construction industry a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; highly organized
- Ability to hold outside vendors accountable to project timelines
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products, including Excel
- Salesforce experience strongly preferred
- Yardi experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.