Make Ready Manager
- Job Title
- Make Ready Manager
- Property Management
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our future and current residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
The Make Ready Manager is a member of the Property Management team and is responsible for the management and oversight of the make ready process for initial and ongoing maintenance, turns and renovations. The Make Ready Manager leads a team of associates and manages a vendor base within their Metro Service Area (MSA). The Make Ready Manager is responsible for a number of key performance indicators including resident satisfaction, cycle times, and adherence to budget and associate and vendor performance.
- Oversee all Make Ready activities (both initial and ongoing) in their assigned MSA
- Ensures timely completion of all unit maintenance, turns and renovations across the portfolio to minimize downtime and maximize rental revenue.
- Manages appropriate staffing, contractor and vendor levels as necessary to minimize downtime and maximize rental revenue while controlling costs.
- Ensures all assigned rent ready units meet quality control guidelines.
- Manages quality control program and reporting system,
- Performs ongoing training of associates on newly developed process and procedures.
- Responsible for cost control and performing unit turns within budget
- Responsible to comply with the Company’s national procurement policy and program
- Manages semi-annual home inspection program to improve resident satisfaction, control unit turn costs and maximize average length of tenancy.
- Responsible for accurate tracking and reporting of all work
- Ensures all workplace safety standards and practices are upheld
- Assists in creation and circulation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting by making sure all information pertaining to duties is accurately reported or updated.
- Ensures all properties are compliant with local, state and federal health and safety.
Human Resource Management
- Supervision of staff, set goals and holds associates and vendors accountable for results.
- Coordinate activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes.
- Develop team and is focused on succession plan within group.
- Ensure that associates all have goals and receive regular feedback on their performance
- Ensures that all required training is completed in a timely manner
- Ensures that workplace safety standards and practices are upheld at all times
- Performance management of personnel including, reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development, and performance improvement plans.
- High School graduate required.
- 5 years or more years of experience as a senior superintendent, regional maintenance supervisor or production home customer service manager; regional or director level experience preferred.
- Experience in managing multiple staff members over a geographic region.
- Extensive knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Flooring, Appliances, Landscaping and Irrigation Systems as they relate to residential homes.
- Mastery of general UBC building codes and rental property health and safety regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task.
- Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision.
- An effective team player with a positive attitude.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include some weekends.
- Bi-lingual a plus.
- Basic computer skills. Experience in Excel, Word, Outlook and Yardi Voyager preferred.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: 2018-2528