Make Ready Superintendent
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 90,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen.
Text ProgressJobs to 25000 and you can chat with our Recruiting Assistant Kate who can help you find jobs, apply for jobs and answer your questions.
The Make Ready Superintendent is a member of the Property Management team and is a key associate in the rental home make ready process and resident lifecycle. The Make Ready Superintendent is responsible for determining cost and labor estimates, monitoring, and providing oversight of work performed and providing quality assurance during related workflows necessary to get homes to a rent ready status. Make Ready Superintendent are involved in working with both approved vendors and our internal teams to address required construction, maintenance and make ready tasks and orients new residents with their home. The Make Ready Superintendent is responsible for tracking, reporting, and providing accurate records.
* Ability to provide strong customer service to residents
* On new acquisitions develop the scope of work on assigned homes and create the required cost and labor estimate based on Company standards
* Perform pre-move out inspections on homes 30 days prior to resident move out
* Perform move out inspections and determine the labor, vendor and material needs to return the home to a make ready condition and coordinates and schedules this work either directly or through the Make Ready Coordinator
* Ability to track and assign work to third party vendors to ensure that homes move to rent ready status as quickly as possible
* Perform make ready quality and move in ready inspections and is responsible for ensuring all punch list items are completed either by performing the work directly or through coordination with the Make Ready Coordinator
* Complete property inspections, condition reports, costs and estimates
* Strong knowledge of the basic workings of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring, appliance, landscaping, and irrigation systems
* Able to complete some of the basic repairs as needed to reduce cycle times or improve the customer experience
* Responsible for ensuring all punch list items are completed and days to completion are achieved
* Ensure all workplace safety standards and practices are upheld
* Perform new resident move in orientations when needed
* Assist in creation and circulation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
* Follow Fleet vehicle maintenance schedule and keep an organized and clean vehicle/workspace
* Maintain regular attendance and excellent punctuality
* This role is considered Safety Sensitive and full compliance with all Fleet policies and procedures must be always adhered to
* Must be a High School graduate.
* Must have a valid Driver’s License in the working state
* 5 or more years of experience as an assistant superintendent, maintenance supervisor or
production home customer service representative
* Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate basic workings of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring, appliance, landscaping, and irrigation systems
* Organizational skills, attention to detail & high-performance standards
* Good communication skills (both oral & written), and must be comfortable scheduling work directly with residents
* Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task
* Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision
* An effective team player with a positive attitude
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad), Yardi Voyager experience preferred
* Ability to work weekends as necessary
* Bi-lingual a plus
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 401k match, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.