Manager, Business Intelligence
Manager, Business Intelligence
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Scottsdale - Progress Residential
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes in sixteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for over 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and market offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Manager, Business Intelligence will be focused on leading a team of data engineers & develops that are providing usable data to internal teams to help the enterprise make strategic business decisions. The Manager will also be responsible for inspiring a team of hands on engineers & developers as well as taking on key projects themselves as the organization evolves. This role will be a strategic partner and influencer in how we use, build and interpret our data tools and information to accelerate our performance.
- Develop compelling analyses to execute data-informed initiatives that helps improve strategic decision making
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and data visualization to see beyond the numbers and pull insights to help identify trends and opportunities to drive satisfaction and growth of our client’s products and missions
- Be a thought leader for data-informed initiatives and guide the team’s direction overall
- Conduct in-depth investigations leveraging large and complex data sets
- Partner with Data Science, Content and Engineering teams to solve problems at scale
- Inform, influence, and execute new strategies and tactics using analysis and impact metrics to support your positions
- Ability to drive the team to impact and communicate effectively
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an IT role within a data and analytics environment, with at least 3 years managing people.
- Deep experience architecting and building data engineering and advanced analytics solutions on Modern Data platforms
- Expertise in SDLC (systems development life cycle) / Iterative / Agile / Scrum development, Continuous Delivery - Strategic - Domain Modeling, Business Architecture, User Experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math/Finance, Physics, Applied Economics, Statistics, Data Science or similar technical field
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or packages in R/Python
- 4+ years’ experience of initiating and driving projects to completion
- Communication experience in articulating issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders and partners
- Strong communication, organization, and people skills
- Tenacious and credible with the ability to influence all levels of the organization
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative, not-so-typical real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and fun at work. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and a 401(k) program with company matching contributions.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.