Manager, Property Compliance
Manager, Property Compliance
- Job ID
- Job Location
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 38,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for over 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new, top-notch executive leadership. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and market offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
JOB SUMMARY:The Manager Property Compliance is responsible for managing all relations, activities, and workflows relating to homeowner associations, municipalities and other governing bodies affecting properties owned by Progress Residential or its affiliates. The position is based in Arizona and will report directly to the Director, Property Compliance.
• Oversee team responsible for ensuring that all properties owned/managed remain compliant with all homeowner associations, municipalities and other governing bodies.
• Act as subject matter expert on compliance rules, regulations and restrictions relating to each community where Progress Residential owns or manages property.
• Coordinate with internal and outside legal teams to resolve compliance-related legal matters.
• Monitor the review, tracking and notification of proposed and passed HOA amendments for changes to HOA governing documents that will have a direct effect on the business model of Progress Residential® For example (Rental Caps, Leasing Restrictions, Ownership Restrictions, Quorum changes etc.)
• Generate and monitor compliance reporting
• Monitor the validation of HOA fees and assessments and coordinating payment through the Accounting Department
• Monitor all HOA accounting and quarterly bond reporting to ensure timely and accurate completion to minimize HOA fines and penalties
• Interact with the HOAs and municipalities on behalf of the company and residents as needed.
• Work with team to document and create training and procedures to foster a continuous improvement culture.
• Work cross-functionally to ensure that the compliance team is providing adequate support to all business units.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Human Resource Management
• Supervise staff, set goals and hold people accountable for results.
• Ensure that the group provides outstanding customer service and is responsive to requests.
• Coordinate activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes.
• Develop team and create succession plan within group.
• Ensure that employees have goals and receive regular feedback on their performance
• Performance management of personnel including reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development plans and performance improvement plans.
• 3 years management experience – preferably in real estate, property management and/or HOA.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Proficiency in Yardi and Salesforce strongly preferred
• Advanced computer skills especially with Microsoft Office
• Ability to organize multi-state workflows
• Effective time management and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Effective communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.