Marketing Communications Specialist
Marketing Communications Specialist
- Job ID
- Job Location
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 30,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new executive leadership, including the recent appointment of Charles “Chaz” Mueller to Chief Executive Officer. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and regional offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Marketing Communications Specialist supports our internal communications and events. Phenomenal communication and copywriting skills combined with experience in corporate communications and project management are important for success in this role.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be managing internal communications, internal events, communications calendar, writing, editing and distributing effective internal messages including; policy changes, new benefits, meetings, newsletters, and other announcements.
- Manage and develop high impact internal communications, including; publications, presentations, employee mailings, newsletters, internal and external social media (LinkedIn, Glassdoor) posts, fliers, and emails for a variety of purposes, from company initiatives and policy changes to cultural development and community building
- Support emergency response and crisis communications as needed and assist in performing “damage control” in cases of bad publicity if necessary
- Create and execute comprehensive communication plans
- Monitor company and industry news and notifying leadership and appropriate team members as appropriate
- Assist with customer facing communications as needed, including emails, social posts, and letters
- Measure the effectiveness of communication campaigns and conduct feedback sessions and surveys
- Ensure activities and messaging are consistent with overall Company communications strategy, brand, voice and tone
- Copywriting and editing for different audiences using different voice/tones
Key Success Factors
- Maintain strong and productive relationships with internal partners
- Work with stakeholders to vet communications and secure approvals
- Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership
- Simplify complex or process-heavy information, making it easy to understand
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, journalism, advertising, marketing, or related degree. BS/BA in public relations, communications or relevant field a plus
- 5 or more years of internal/external or strategic communications experience
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills; a writing test may be required
- Understanding of all types of communications channels and how to use them to effectively tell the company’s story to internal and external audiences
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, meet tight deadlines, and comfortably work under pressure in a fast-paced setting with shifting priorities
- Knowledge and use of AP style
- Proficiency in MS Suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience in web design and content production and working knowledge of photo and video-editing software is a plus
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Customer service orientation and diplomacy skills
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.