Materials & Inventory Specialist
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion or as applicable by state law.
Text ProgressJobs to 25000 and you can chat with our Recruiting Assistant Kate who can help you find jobs, apply for jobs and answer your questions.
The Materials and Inventory Specialist is responsible for expediting and executing the tactical, day-to-day actions required for national materials programs to function at their peak. This role will centralize much of the communication and tasks related to these programs allowing field personnel to focus on core tasks. The responsibilities will also include competitive pricing analysis, product specifications, reporting, compliance and training. The Materials Specialist will work with all business areas responding to market needs for materials required by field personnel and vendors to complete jobs on our homes.
* Work directly with manufacturer partners to consolidate communication and make informed decisions based on current product specifications and standards
* Become a subject matter expert and "go-to" for national materials programs and processes
* Act as the back-end administrator of any materials ordering software/apps, working with the supplier on system/user updates and training field personnel
* Collaborate with local Service Directors to ensure that program policies and procedures are being followed and that monthly safety stock inventory counts are being conducted
* Provide analysis and ideas to drive efficiency and process improvement including purchase price savings and overhead cost reductions
* Assist accounting department with all invoice, payment, and supplier issues
* Collaborate with Central Ops and Field Construction teams to evaluate material needs
* Work directly with Field Managers and Inventory Control Manager to evaluate materials requests from field
* Accurately track and monitor all field material requests and provide timely status updates to the Inventory Control Manager
* Perform regular inventory usage reviews, data analysis, supplier spend reporting and the roll out of new processes and policies
* Utilize spend reporting to monitor supplier pricing changes, and work with the Inventory Control Manager to address changes with the supplier
* Prepare weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting
* Cross train and act as a backup for other roles in the Procurement Department
* Experience interacting with manufacturers, suppliers, and service vendors
* Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals
* Ability to work independently and resolve practical problems
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well under stress, despite numerous interruptions with accuracy and attention to detail
* Knowledge of general home repair, maintenance practices and supplies
* Basic understanding of inventory management principles
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers
* Ability to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
* Team player with a strong work ethic and an upbeat attitude
* Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management or related field-
* Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel functions like VLOOKUP, SUMIF, COUNTIF, Pivot Tables, etc. in order to pull actionable information and reporting from large data sets
* Inventory management software experience a plus
* Two (2) or more years involved with administrative experience in a related field
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR106524