National Director Fulfillment & Logistics
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion as applicable by state law.
The purpose of this senior leadership role is to partner with other procurement, construction and maintenance teams, design, implement and manage a warehousing, logistics and materials management organization with robust workflows. This role will support Renovation, Turn and Service/Maintenance with materials and logistics solutions. While Renovations will require most of this leader’s time, Turns and Service are also critical. This leader will manage transactional buyer/planners, warehouse personnel, and drivers. Partnering with the National Facilities Directors, this leader will help identify and contract warehousing and storage space either by leasing or contracted via 3PL partners.
* Develop relationships with Progress Leaders in Acquisitions, Renovation and Service to understand and document material procurement requirements, developing procurement strategies for national supply categories (i.e., Flooring, Appliances, HVAC, Paint, and other residential finish materials.)
* Lead a team of 3-5 managers, with 10-50 skip-level individual contributors such as warehouse managers, drivers and buyer planners. This includes hiring, developing and managing their performance.
* Partnering with National Director Strategic Sourcing, Manage Material Supplier Performance including Cost, Quality & Delivery. Develop and facilitate relationships, including VMI or other fulfillment models with supplier leadership to ensure supplier accountability to performance goals and commitments
* Manage the employees at all levels in Materials & Logistics to ensure a positive, SAFE and productive work culture.
* Develop, implement, and manage warehousing, forward stocking and supply risk management strategies to ensure Progress growth goals can be achieved.
* In collaboration with peers, lead projects implementing these materials programs and process improvements to the transactional and logistical process to land materials at the home.
* Lead company-wide best practices in materials and inventory management, including cycle counts, loss prevention
* Understand Materials Systems. Progress will need to select, install, and manage a combination of MRP and WMS solution to manage our supplies.
* Assist MSA’s as an escalation path when national supply programs are not meeting expectations.
* Be a collaborative leader in Progress, representing the Procurement team’s collaborative, can-do, client-serving culture.
* Ability to travel to markets 25-40% (more up front) installing teams and facilities
* 10+ years in Materials and Warehouse Management
* 5+ years negotiating warehouse services corporate real estate or logistics providers
* 5+ years implementing material supply programs
* 5+ years, managing logistics programs such as VMI, drop ship, 3PL etc.
* Capable of analyzing spend in Excel and presenting spend analysis and category strategies in Word and PowerPoint
* Ability to travel to Suppliers, Conferences and Progress Markets 25-40% (5-10 trips / year)
* Procurement of residential building materials
* Commercial Contract Management
* Familiar with BI tools such as Power BI, Tableau
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: JR103162