National Director Technical Teams
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion as applicable by state law.
The National Director of Technical Support Team leads a team focused on exceptional customer service and cost reduction achieved through reduced approval timelines and SME scope reviews. This position drives exceptional market performance via standardization and consistency, while managing to predictable outcomes and real-time approvals, producing favorable financial outcomes on a transactional basis for Service and other national initiatives. This position is responsible for the creation of workflow tools and resources, while updating and managing forward thinking policies and procedures centered upon meeting and exceeding consistent performance standards across all markets.
* Create, train and manage the standardized workflow procedures for the technical support team.
* Build a team of subject matter experts for multiple technical disciplines applicable t the single-family industry.
* Form and execute standardized workflow oversight tools and review for discrepancies, improvement and favorable outcomes
* Develop standardized reporting for all policies and procedures for review, improvement and training
* Support and guide the team managers in providing necessary approvals, workflow tools, policies and procedures, as well as oversight of associated direct reports to support continued growth balanced with sustained improvement
* Develop comparative analysis of financial reporting to promote consistent improvement and favorable outcomes
* Collect data and provide feedback to the National Service VP, Regional Service Directors, Service Directors, Portfolio Operations Directors and Regional Directors/RVPs on market Service observations/performance
* Develop and manage support team training programs in conjunction with the training department and implement safety training program(s), technical/skills courses, and other on-going education
* Safeguard that the customer experience expectations are met in all aspects of processing assigned work
* Ensure a collaborative culture bewtween Service Technical Support Team, Service Coordination leadership, market leadership and vendors, as needed, to ensure timely processing of all assigned work
* Analyze support team processes and make recommendations for appropriate actions and implement new policies and procedures to drive optimal performance
* Work with support team managers, subject matter experts, vendors, and local jurisdictions/inspectors to ensure compliance with permits, local building codes and all local/state/federal regulations
* Assist with defining work scopes, performance standards and system specifications and materials for all large capital and recurring related programs
* Provide individual guidance and motivation to staff to enable performance of/to the fullest potential
* Conduct work review meetings with team leaders and vendors relating to performance and process optimization to remain within approved parameters
* Must have at least 15 years of experience working in Single or Multi-Family Property Maintenance Supervision with knowledge of standard industry practices in property management
* Highly skilled in the building trades with emphasis on mechanical systems repair, service, and installation (HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical)
* Experience in large scale renovation projects - both interior and exterior
* Knowledge of laws and standards that apply to property management, such as Fair Housing Laws, Landlord-Tenant Law, OSHA Standards, local and state building codes
* Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and Yardi Voyager
* Excellent personal leadership skills and proven ability to build, develop, and motivate teams
* Proactive, well-organized and results-oriented with the ability to lead and participate in multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.