National Leasing Director
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Property Management - Leasing
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The National Leasing Director is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of leasing operations of the National Leasing Consultant team. Core duties include management and leadership of processes for the continuous improvement of the quality standards, operating objectives, and goals established by the Company. The National Leasing Director is a member of the Property Management department and responsible for driving and executing all leasing transactions through effective management of quality management, coaching, and training. This position ensures the National Leasing Consultant team is continually engaged and works to improve call and leasing performance, efficiency, and achievement of metrics.
- Provides strong, dynamic leadership that mentors, develops, and guides associates
- Oversee all day-to-day leasing management functions coordinating with local market teams, including but not limited to marketing, showings, application gathering and review, leads, lease renewals and general resident management
- Educate National Leasing Consultants on how to utilize website to view and discuss current leasable inventory
- Lead National Leasing team in having quality conversations with prospective residents and competency level in all resident interactions, whether over the phone, text or email, through formal written communication or in person
- Maintain Service Level through effectively managing call performance and lead management efforts to maximize revenue generation, (specific metrics may be adjusted based on portfolio performance)
- Develop relationships with both corporate and market levels employees and manage all communication regarding Company policy, procedure, qualifications and expectations
- Coordinate and communicate needed lease escalations to licensed market Leasing Manager and Leasing Specialist positions across all leasing functions
- Work closely with NDSO to determine needed support from central functions such as marketing, training and pricing teams to coordinate best execution for each asset
- Recruit, hire, and train qualified, dynamic, high performance leasing personnel
- Enforce policies to enable assigned portfolio to function according to quality standards and operating objectives
- Be knowledgeable and maintain a working knowledge of resident rules and regulations regarding:
- Home to Home Transfers, Fraud, standard lease documents, Renewals, HOA, Accounting and other departments related to current and future residents
- Assist in creation and circulation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Responsible for managing National Leasing Consultants schedule and managing overtime
- Turn leads into rentals – meeting or exceeding established department goals
Human Resource Management
- Supervise staff, set goals and hold people accountable for results
- Coordinate activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes
- Develop team and focus on succession plan within the group
- Ensure that all training requirements are completed timely
- Ensure that employees all have goals and receive regular feedback on their performance
- Manager performance of personnel including, reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development plans and performance improvement plans
- Minimum 5 years of Call Center/Contact Center management experience
- Effective leadership and analytical skills including working knowledge of data analysis, staffing models, scheduling, and telecom opportunities
- Exceptional ability to develop and manage results-oriented recruiting and training programs
- Strong mentoring and relationship building skills with ability to effectively manage group and interpersonal conflict situations
- Experience managing associates in a fast paced, call center environment required
- Experience in leasing apartments or single-family homes
- Understanding of the market as it relates to demand and supply, vacancy, absorption, micro and macro issues relating to properties
- Preferred education – Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to obtain Real Estate license
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Persistent approach with strong customer service
- Previous use of Noble, Yardi Voyager, and/or Salesforce is strongly desired
- Possesses strong organizational skills and is detail oriented
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing, growth environment
- Fosters teamwork and mutual respect throughout the company
- Interacts productively in person and through technology with co-workers, team members, management and other company personnel on a daily basis to accomplish duties and responsibilities
- Flexible work schedule required which includes evenings and weekends depending on business needs
- Computer literacy, ability to comfortably navigate new technology and competency in MS Office a must
- Bi-lingual a plus
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.