National Manager Property Operations
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Property Management
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The National Manager, Property Operations is responsible for executing the Company’s strategic objectives, mission, vision and values as they relate to property operations for the overall portfolio. This position will work closely with regional and market staff to ensure the revenue and expense budgets for all markets are achieved. It is also responsible for providing support and guidance on all daily management and operational issues and ensuring operational consistency and compliance across the Company’s field offices. Innovative business strategies are critical to this role. This position works closely with senior management.
- Evaluate existing market operations and identify opportunities for operational improvement and propose viable solutions in both Market and Central Services based operations
- Provide “substitute coverage” for PODs, Service Directors, MRM’s, MRC’s and RRM’s
- Work closely with Regional Directors to ensure property management revenue, expense, staffing and training goals are achieved
- Work across the Company to ensure processes and workflow are aligned with organizational goals
- Support change management in the organization to ensure proper documentation and training is provided to impacted employees
- Demonstrate ability to effectively lead change throughout the organization
- Conduct periodic market reviews, as requested by EVP Operations or other stakeholders.
- Ensure all safety standards are met and training is completed
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Collaborate with Regional Directors, Market Teams, and all Company Business Units
- Drive results cross-functionally
- Ensure markets provide outstanding and responsive customer service
- Coordinate activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes
- Work with Regional Directors to develop teams
- Ensure all training requirements are completed timely
- 15 or more years of previous business/operations management experience in a real estate operations environment
- 7 or more years of supervisory experience
- Proven record of achieving or exceeding P&L results
- Yardi and/or SalesForce experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to effectively manage a diverse group of remote managers
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel for operational modeling and development of corporate and departmental staffing plans
- 75% travel
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Excellent oral and written and presentation skills
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.