- Job ID
- Job Location
- Human Resources
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Payroll Supervisor will have overall responsibility for managing the timely and accurate execution of a semi-monthly payroll cycle, including vendor management for 3rd party processing of taxes and employee withholding orders. This position will be responsible for ensuring that all the associated data inputs (inputting or uploading) to update the applicable payroll cycle produce accurate payrolls and associated recordkeeping. This work will be primarily accomplished in Workday, our payroll software vendor, and via coordination with ADP, our payroll service provider. The role requires an individual with a passion for accuracy and detail as well as getting satisfaction from completing work in a timely manner within established deadlines.
- Maintains required documentation and records, ensures statutory taxes are processed, oversees payment process for withholding orders, coordinates system reporting to key stakeholders (e.g., finance, line managers, etc.), and maintains up-to-date written standard operating procedures
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the Workday payroll system and/or provides appropriate coaching and guidance to others to accomplish those tasks
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, retirement plan, and other deductions
- Responds appropriately to all employee payroll-related inquiries
- Investigates and resolves issues and responds to questions related to the processing of payroll-related information
- Facilitates internal and external audits by providing records and documentation as requested; reviews month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reports, processes correcting transactions as required, ensuring that accurate W-2s are distributed by deadline
- Issues/reissues physical or replacement checks or direct deposits as needed
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practice
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of payroll processing experience in a multi-state, matrixed organization with heavy emphasis on data entry, data maintenance and associated system reporting
- At least one (1) year of people supervision experience
- Above average Microsoft Office experience: in particular, Excel experience that includes VLOOKUP, XLOOKUP, pivot tables, and charts
- Ability to problem-solve in complex situations quickly and accurately by analyzing data from a variety of sources to identify the issue(s), determine the ultimate root cause(s), and implement the most effective remedy(s)
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a variety of stakeholders that possess varying degrees payroll literacy adapting style and content to effectively convey the necessary information in a comprehendible manner to the respective target recipient(s)
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to stakeholders at a variety of career levels with a multitude of differing demographic attributes (e.g., gender, culture, age, etc.)
- Experience working in a high growth organization with constant processing-related deadlines
- Proven relationship management skills with colleagues and internal and external stakeholders
- Previous supervision experience in a payroll team
- American Payroll Association Fundamental Payroll Certificate (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or progress toward either designation is preferred
- Experience with Workday and/or ADP tax, employment verification, and garnishment administration services is preferred
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.