Payroll Tax Analyst
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion or as applicable by state law.
Text ProgressJobs to 25000 and you can chat with our Recruiting Assistant Kate who can help you find jobs, apply for jobs and answer your questions.
The Payroll Tax Analyst will be an experienced payroll tax professional and serve as the subject matter expert for all US payroll taxes for our multi-state and multi-company environment. This role will coordinate all new jurisdiction registrations and maintain all tax documentation. This position requires comprehensive end-to-end knowledge of Payroll, Payroll Tax, technical and communication skills, functional and transactional audits of electronic data, as well as experience in building and maintaining relationships with internal/external customers.
* Reconciles payroll tax reporting after each pay run to ensure accurate remittance of tax data
* Manage tax compliance and be point of contact for requests from employees, Corporate Legal, Accounting departments
* Manage timely resolution of tax notices
* Support the testing and maintenance of tax configuration in the payroll system
* Apply for and maintain new state applications and system maintenance
* Research and maintain compliance for all Federal, State and Local payroll tax laws and data
* Unemployment tax rate management
* Historical company tax management
* New hire and Employee change tax audits
* Troubleshoot issues related to payroll tax and provide recommendations on solutions or possible courses of action
* Amendment filings
* Periodic, Quarterly, Annual tax reconciliation
* Maintains all tax procedures
* Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to Payroll Director
* Back up for Payroll team
* Generally, requires 5 to 10 years of related experience.
* High School Diploma or GED
* 5+ years of payroll processing experience in a multi-state, matrixed organization with heavy emphasis on data entry, data maintenance and associated system reporting
* Above average Microsoft Office experience: in particular, Excel experience that includes VLOOKUP, XLOOKUP, pivot tables, and charts
* Ability to problem-solve in complex situations quickly and accurately by analyzing data from a variety of sources to identify the issue(s), determine the ultimate root cause(s), and implement the most effective remedy(s)
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a variety of stakeholders that possess varying degrees payroll literacy adapting style and content to effectively convey the necessary information in a comprehendible manner to the respective target recipient(s)
* Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to stakeholders at a variety of career levels with a multitude of differing demographic attributes (e.g., gender, culture, age, etc.)
* Experience working in a high growth organization with constant processing-related deadlines
* Proven relationship management skills with colleagues and internal and external stakeholders
* American Payroll Association Fundamental Payroll Certificate (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or progress toward either designation is preferred
* Experience with Workday and/or ADP tax, employment verification, and garnishment administration services is preferred
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.