Plumbing- Septic & Wells Subject Matter Expert
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion or as applicable by state law.
Text ProgressJobs to 25000 and you can chat with our Recruiting Assistant Kate who can help you find jobs, apply for jobs and answer your questions.
The Plumbing/Septic/Wells Subject Matter Expert (SME) is a member of the National Technical Team. This position responds to vendors and technicians that require on-site technical assistance or approvals for high cost and high impact Service Requests in the disciplines of Plumbing, Septic Systems and Wells. This position also provides technical support for the National Septic/Well PM program. The Plumbing/Septic/Wells SME is a key contributor to several KPIs including resident satisfaction, service timelines and service costs in specific job categories. In conjunction with the National Manager of Plumbing/Septic/Wells this position will build and execute a repair vs. replace strategy to drive consistent and predictable outcomes while maximizing the life span of critical mechanical systems.
* Support vendors and technicians to provide outstanding customer service and timely resolution to resident requests relating to plumbing, septic systems and wells.
* Review vended scopes of work to ensure consistency in repair/replace philosophy and pricing.
* Support preventative maintenance program to improve resident satisfaction, control costs and maximize life span of mechanical systems
* Coordinate efforts with local MSA resources when needed.
* Report Vendor/MSA deficiencies to the National Manager of Plumbing/Septic/Wells to support the enhancement of the resident experience.
* Troubleshoot technical issues in specified disciplines and negotiate/approve cost estimates for repairs.
* Comply with the Company’s national procurement policy and program
* Communicate effectively with vendors and local market members
* Comply with all Company applicable policies and health and safety rules and regulations.
Human Resource Management
* Coordinate activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes
* Ensure that workplace safety standards and practices are always followed
* Stay current with company required technical and compliance training.
* 10 or more years of experience with maintenance in multi-family, commercial or military housing; single family rental, mechanical trades or equivalent work experience as a residential service technician/manager with extensive knowledge of residential Plumbing, Septic Systems and Wells.
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Valid Driver's License required
* Ability to work flexible hours which may include some weekends and evenings.
* Ability to review and understand cost estimates and scopes of work and in tune with current labor rates in given MSA
* Effective communication skills, ability to work with General and Sub-Contractors on scope, price and schedule
* Mastery of general UBC building codes and rental property health and safety regulations.
* Typical Physical Demands - Regularly required sitting and standing for several hours at a time, to climb up and down stairs several times each day, and to lift 50 pounds with ease
* Strong customer service skills
* Strong skills with MS office products
* SalesForce and/or Yardi experience strongly preferred
* Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR105997