Portfolio Acquisitions Analyst
Portfolio Acquisitions Analyst
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Real Estate Acquisitions
- Scottsdale - Progress Residential
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With nearly 40,000 homes in sixteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Acquisitions team at Progress Residential plays an integral role in reshaping the single-family rental industry while deploying $3bn of capital into some of the fastest growing markets in the country. The Portfolio Acquisitions Analyst is on the cutting edge of using big data and analytics to identify and make offer decisions on behalf of Progress Residential and its investors. Working closely with the RVP, Acquisitions, the candidate will identify, prioritize, underwrite, and prepare investment committee materials for portfolios of newly built and to-be-constructed single-family residential homes.
- Underwrite, analyze and generate offers and investment committee materials for single-family home portfolio opportunities.
- Through collaboration with acquisition team members, determine market specific strategy regarding optimal asset selection and acquisition pace with the goal of maximizing investor returns.
- Use proprietary data visualization tools and systems to improve ongoing investment decisions and department processes.
- Work with the RVP, Acquisitions and Portfolio Project Manager on the creation and maintenance of an acquisitions pipeline and project management system to ensure portfolios are on track to close, including due diligence, physical inspections and HOA timelines are met.
- Along with the Portfolio Project Manager, work cross functionally with investment, operational, and asset management teams to ensure streamlined onboarding of new portfolios.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business, Finance, or related subject) required
- Previous experience as a financial, revenue, real estate, or banking analyst
- Prior real estate and underwriting experience preferred, not required
- Experience with property valuations and market data preferred, not required
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple tasks, projects and deadlines
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office applications (especially Word, Excel, Power BI and Power Point) as well as other computer applications
- Ability to be independent and a self-starter; is self-motivated and takes initiative
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize with timely follow up
- Requires abstract thinking and creative solutions
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.