Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 75,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Employment with Progress Residential is conditional on a satisfactory background and drug screen as well as submitting proof satisfactory to Progress Residential that you are fully vaccinated against the Corona Virus COVID-19 disease, subject to any accommodations granted by Progress Residential based on disability or religion or as applicable by state law.
Text ProgressJobs to 25000 and you can chat with our Recruiting Assistant Kate who can help you find jobs, apply for jobs and answer your questions.
The Pre-Apprentice Internship is available to individuals currently enrolled in a Progress Residential approved trades program through a local college or technical school. The Pre-Apprentice will work closely with a mentor in the field and participate in hands-on experiences as they learn the general trades performed throughout our portfolio of single-family residential homes. The internship will vary in length and will align with each specific program and partner school.
* Ability to understand the basic workings of finish, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, flooring, appliance, landscaping and irrigation systems and perform work necessary to refurbish, prepare and make homes into a rent ready condition per the Company’s standard
* Assist in tracking, monitoring and inspecting work assigned to third party vendors to ensure that homes move to rent ready status as quickly as possible
* Assist in creation and circulation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting by accurately reporting and recording activities
* Assist in completing property condition reports, inspections and cost estimates as needed
* Assist the Leasing team with new resident move in orientations as needed
* Ability to provide strong customer service to residents and vendors
* Ensure all workplace safety standards and practices are upheld
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Must be 18 years or older
* Valid and current Driver’s License in the work state
* Prefer some construction related experience
* Understanding of basic workings of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring, appliance, landscaping and irrigation systems
* Working towards certifications in specific trades is a plus (NCCER preferred)
* Organizational skills, attention to detail & high-performance standards
* Good communication skills (both oral & written)
* Must be comfortable scheduling work directly with residents and vendors
* Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task
* An effective team player with a positive attitude
* Ability to work weekends as necessary
* Bi-lingual a plus
* Basic computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook and Yardi Voyager preferred
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.