Project Manager -- Progress Bulk Acquisitions
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 65,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
At Progress we’re focused on maintaining a safe environment for our employees and our community. We incentivize and encourage our employees to be fully vaccinated.
The primary focus of the Project Manager - Progress Bulk Acquisitions (PM) is to project manage the close of 10-100 unit portfolio acquisitions. The PM will engage various stakeholders and business units to ensure the successful close and onboarding of the properties and residents on to the Progress platform. The PM is responsible for tracking, reporting and providing accurate records.
* Project management of the key steps of occupied bulk real estate closings
* Track and assign work to third party vendors and internal departments to ensure that homes are onboarded smoothly
* Oversee due-diligence, develop renovation estimates on assigned homes to determine the cost necessary for completing a renovation project based on Company standards
* Perform quality control reviews of data and ensure information is accurate and complete for onboarding
* Communicate changes to the project scope, project schedule and project timeline
* Manage revisions, updates and the effects/impact of change downstream
Skills and Characteristics
* Project management - Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan, execute, control, and close projects of various magnitude
* Clear and concise oral and written communications and ability to author messages for different audiences
* Demonstrates initiative and performs autonomously while supporting enterprise-level organizational projects and programs
* Customer Focus - Demonstrated ability to work effectively, utilize excellent active listening skills and collaborate across divisions, functions, cultures and levels internally and externally
* Demonstrates understanding of Communications, Training, and IT functions as they relate to project management
* Leadership and Teamwork - Demonstrated ability to execute project management initiatives, influence others and move toward a common vision or goal. Takes ownership of and responsibility for producing results, remove barriers to cooperation and teamwork, and is a team player with a positive attitude with an ability to hit the ground running producing results by performing the work as well as overseeing it.
* Bachelor’s degree required
* 5+ years of related experience
* Ability to work collaboratively and execute change and project management plans Strong strategic thinking, change management, project management and analytical problem-solving skills
* Proficiency in agile delivery tools such as Jira & Confluence a plus
* Strong facilitation skills and ability to facilitate resources from multiple business areas and drive decisions, change, and communication
* Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
* Ability to work with a complex stakeholder group across geographical boundaries
* Proficient PC skills: Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint, Visio
* Ability to develop change and project artifacts
* Prefer candidates with Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Job Reference #: JR102448