- Job Title
- Property Accountant
We don’t just invest in homes. We invest in communities that you can call home.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high quality single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 20,000 homes in the country’s fastest-growing markets, we are committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable.
At Progress Residential®, we roll out the red carpet for our future and current residents. We treat them like VIPs – and we are serious about customer satisfaction. Providing good customer service is not only important to external stakeholders, but internally to our co-workers as well. Whether we’re working with our residents, investors or fellow employees, our mission is to provide the highest quality service through professionalism, integrity and responsiveness.
Are you ready to progress your career? Join our corporate office in Arizona or become a member of our regional teams in Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida or Georgia. Just as we have a home for every lifestyle, we have a career for every passion.
What you bring to the table:
We are seeking a property accountant to report directly to our Accounting Manager and provide assistance to the finance team.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include preparing monthly journal entries and bank reconciliations, reviewing expenses and assisting with external financial audits. Of course, things heat up every fourth week as you prepare month-end and ensure all deadlines are met. That shouldn’t be a problem given that your strong skillset includes time management, attention to detail, and clear verbal and written communication.
The right candidate will be self-sufficient, with the ability to make sound business decisions to benefit the company. In addition to developing close working relationships within the finance department, you will also be expected to interact with other internal departments as a primary point of contact. With your attention to detail, you help prevent inaccuracies in financial statements and resolve variances. You’re deadline-driven, proficient with general ledger functions, and experienced with financial auditing.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations for assigned general ledger accounts.
- Cross-train for coverage of other accounting functions.
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual close process
- Perform weekly and monthly expense review process
- Act as a contact person for markets and other internal departments.
- Assist with external financial audit.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Accumulate and maintain accurate reports and reconciliations.
- Work closely with Accounting Manager to resolve discrepancies and variances.
- Assist Accounting Manager in special projects as needed.
Of course, you also have the essentials:
- 3-5 or more years of experience in an accounting role, corporate experience preferred.
- Real Estate/Property Management experience a strong plus
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field REQUIRED
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience working in Yardi a plus
- Excellent organizatoinal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/assignments while consistently meeting deadlines
- Honest, ethical and handles things in confidential manner
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.