Property Compliance Specialist
- Job ID
- Job Location
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Property Compliance Specialist is responsible for managing all aspects of homeowner association (HOA) and municipal requirements for an assigned portfolio of owned assets, including but not limited to providing day-to-day support to residents, ensuring that all assessments are timely paid, resolving violations, liaising with HOAs, as well as assisting with additional HOA responsibilities and company projects.
Actively manage all aspects of the HOA relationship for a large portfolio of owned/managed single family home assets located throughout the United States. These responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with HOA and/or residents to accomplish home, lease and tenant approval, registration and renewal.
- Obtaining amenity access, as needed.
- Processing Architectural Review Committee requests.
- Maintain current record of all Covenants, Conditions, Restrictions, Rules and Regulations.
- Work with municipal authorities and HOA communities to effectively remediate violations and minimize fines and penalties assessed to homes within assigned portfolio.
- Perform periodic reviews of all homes/HOA communities in assigned portfolio to ensure that assessments are current, immediately addressing any delinquencies.
- Ensure all assessment payments are timely made and any violations are resolved within the compliance deadline period.
- Develop analytical frameworks and reporting regimes to constantly assess and continually improve performance with respect to market, regional and national property compliance.
- Promptly address all residents and HOA requests; provide timely responses to all HOA related requests from internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with HOAs and residents.
- Handle all HOA/municipality accounting, enforcement, and general business functions for assigned portfolio.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of current state, local, and HOA statutes, policies and/or procedures.
- Work cross-functionally to effectively resolve any HOA and municipal related matters
- High school diploma required.
- 2 or more years’ transactional real estate or legal experience or 2 or more years working directly with Homeowners Associations.
- Must be proficient in MS Office software and be able to quickly master new technology and systems.
- Excellent customer service, communication (written and oral), analytical ability, organizational, and negotiations skills.
- Exhibits sound judgment and decision-making ability.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Property management or customer service experience.
- Working knowledge in Yardi and Salesforce.
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative, work independently and make sound decisions.
- Proven track record of effectively managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, while meeting tight deadlines.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.